Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving me nuts!
I keep hearing a piece every other week on the radio but can never catch the title or the artist . I know these are very vague clues but it's quite a fast-paced affair, has no drums, has unusual timing (not the standard 4/4 stuff) features a harpsichord prominently and I think the title is 'something' in 'something'. The vocalist is male with quite a laid back vocal style. The music itself has a baroque feel to it. I suspect one of the 'something' words is a colour - e.g. 'something' in blue (or white or pink or whatever) - it's driving me nuts. The guy on the radio never mentions the title or band/artist and I want to strangle him. I swear if I don't find this answer to this one I am going to jump off the nearest pavement.....
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Don't have the answer for you man, but it annoys me too. The guys in the radio never tell the name of songs, nor the arthists. So I carry a little notepad around and when I hear a song I like, I just write down some words from it and google them later. It's the only way man.
[SUP]"Live forever."[/SUP]
Might do that next time I hear it - thx & welcome to the site.
1) call the station and ask them what track it is while its playing.

2) install Shazam on your phone and Shazam the track while its playing.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:1) call the station and ask them what track it is while its playing.
and while you're at it, bitch about the practice of which you speak

FOUND IT!!!! - was busy making a cup of tea and the word 'Golden' popped into my head and suddenly I remembered the title Golden Brown. Did not know who wrote it. Turns out it's the Stranglers. https://youtu.be/lkR_HafkYak Love this track.
fantastic track Jerome....
I remember back in the day in 1982 when it was released it took me a couple of weeks to know who sang it because radio did the same thing here...
I actually thought it was Paul McCartney initially as it has his sort of sound to it, especially at the beginning and the first few lines.

By far The Stranglers best single....
it peaked at #2 in the UK, their highest chart position ever.

the single was held off the coverted #1 spot by The Jam's Motown nod "town called malice" and "precious" double-a-sided hit...
Stranglers tried to sue the BMI(british music industry) governing body because The Jam released theirs as a 7" and 12" so the full extended version of the funky "precious" could be heard in its entirety,their 12" also included a live version of "town called malice"...
it was the first single to be released in the UK as a 12" version that was not a 12" purely designed for disco/nightclub dj's...
anyway,
The Stranglers sued, citing that it was the same single but the two versions meant the same people were buying both versions,thus actual sales figures were manipulated...
the end result?
it got thrown out of court and the Stranglers had to settle with being #2.
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

I did not really know what the song was about - and I still don't. According to those in the know it's either about heroin or a girl or both. I suppose at the end of the day both can elevate you to a place you've never been........maybe that's what it's about??!!??

And I was wrong about it not having any drums as it clearly does - and well played too.

To me this is like Tubular Bells with words - make your own deductions..............
I was always under the impression it was about heroin..

Either way, its a great track, glad you found out what it was as there's nothing worse than not knowing what a song is called

by total coincidence I had to ring up the radio station I was listening to today because they played a song, a Dylan Cover, and they didn't say who sang it...

anyway this is a beautiful interpretation of the Dylan classic "forever young" by an artist called Rebbie Jackson, who is one of the Jackson clan...

don't judge her by what her other sisters sing...this is very good IMO...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHKeiE4SdE0