Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music is one of my biggest life motivators..
No worries about the time it took to reply, the same happens to me, or I get really busy with something I need to prioritize, so I understand completely. Smile

I'm unsure if there's really a sub-genre of metal that is consistently not "explosive", however, what I recommend could depend on what you consider explosive. I know to stay away from aggressive black metal and death metal, but I was wondering if something like Amorphis' song "Wrong Direction" would be considered too extreme? Or power metal like Judicator's album The Last Emperor, which is epic and powerful, but not super aggressive imo.

Anyways, here are some recs for more mellow metal music which I think errs on the side of not being too aggressive no matter what you mean by explosive.

Blind Guardian - "Nightfall"
Blind Guardian - "Blood Tears"
Blind Guardian - "Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns)"
Alcest - "Ecailles de Lune, Part 1"
Lethian Dreams - "White Gold"
Empyrium - "In the Gutter of this Spring"
Ghost - "He Is"
In the Woods... - "Vanish in the Absence of Virtue"
Marty Friedman - "Valley of Eternity"
Midnight Odyssey - "A Midnight Odyssey"
Nightingale - "Scarred for Life"
Nightingale - "Still in the Dark"
Nightingale - "Remorse and Regret"
Nightingale - "I Return"
Nightingale - "Alonely"
Opeth - "River"
Sonata Arctica - "The Misery"
Sonata Arctica - "My Selene"
Sonata Arctica - "Paid in Full"
Thy Catafalque - "Siraly"
Ulver - "I Troldskog Faren Vild"
Virgin Steele - "Child of Desolation"

I know this is a lot to check out, so feel free to get back to me on what you think of some of these after only hearing a couple songs or whatever is convenient for you. Also, worthy of noting is, while I think these songs are all not too extreme, that doesn't mean I think everything by the band would be like that for you, some of these bands have songs which I expect you would dislike. Feel free to check out more unlisted songs from these bands, though, but be prepared to hear something too harsh or something of that like.

I hope you like these songs. Are there any more Debussy composition which you think I should hear? I'm open to other classical composers too. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music is one of my biggest life motivators.. - by MythsOfMetal - 28-06-2018, 17:37

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music Hello fellow music lovers Crowddedmusicplayer 6 376 24-06-2018, 18:19
Last Post: Lovely
  I will let the music introduce myself DP75 0 623 16-10-2017, 11:52
Last Post: DP75
  What up. I'm AK. My new music video on YouTube is blowing up (20k views). Halfway702 0 579 07-02-2017, 20:12
Last Post: Halfway702
  all music luther davies 6 1,153 17-01-2017, 01:01
Last Post: luther davies
  Hello Music Lovers ClassicalIsTheBest 2 586 29-12-2016, 03:25
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Music beyond language BaishalisMusic 1 559 11-12-2016, 17:37
Last Post: Jerome
  Hello from a Music Freak Q Asar Music 0 400 13-11-2016, 11:15
Last Post: Q Asar Music
  Hello Music People! Purple_Empress 11 1,291 28-08-2016, 19:10
Last Post: Purple_Empress
  Hellos Musicians/Lovers of Music soundspotapp 4 847 26-08-2016, 11:46
  Music Fan of many genres from Rock to Electronic, Jazz to Classical.. 3000records 1 544 28-07-2016, 06:58