Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are Your Favorite TV Shows?
I forgot to mention that I like historical documentaries, especially about the world wars, Egypt, Mesopotamia, Greece, to name a few. Love that stuff. Shows and documentaries about things like Greek Mythology can be cool to watch too.
I have long held a fascination for all things Egyptian - incredible history. I had the opportunity to go there once. All started by a poster that was included with the original vinyl copy of Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon' album. Going down the Nile in the early morning is like travelling through biblical times - I cannot even begin to describe how spellbinding it is. You really get a sense of what it must have been like thousands of years ago. Been to Greece as well but that was more of a sun getaway - did not explore the history when I was there, just chilled out. If you like Greek mythology, you should investigate the music of Vangelis - he hails from there and has a unique approach to composition. Might not be your thing, but as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. His album 'Reprise' is worth a look. As is 'Antarctica' & 'Voices'.

For someone so young you seem to have an incredible all-round general knowledge - what do you do to pay the bills - i.e. the day job?
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Jerome Wrote:I have long held a fascination for all things Egyptian - incredible history. I had the opportunity to go there once. All started by a poster that was included with the original vinyl copy of Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon' album. Going down the Nile in the early morning is like travelling through biblical times - I cannot even begin to describe how spellbinding it is. You really get a sense of what it must have been like thousands of years ago. Been to Greece as well but that was more of a sun getaway - did not explore the history when I was there, just chilled out. If you like Greek mythology, you should investigate the music of Vangelis - he hails from there and has a unique approach to composition. Might not be your thing, but as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. His album 'Reprise' is worth a look. As is 'Antarctica' & 'Voices'.

For someone so young you seem to have an incredible all-round general knowledge - what do you do to pay the bills - i.e. the day job?

You got to visit Egypt? That is awesome. I would love to go there one day. I would probably pass out from all the excitement of being where the Ancient Egyptians were though haha. Heh, I'm just a voracious learner outside of working and will read about whatever I find fascinating, world history is one of my favorite subjects and my dream job would be to work for a museum like the Smithsonian. It doesn't help that I live in a small place with not much stuff going on that I'm interested in. I enjoy learning.

As far as mythology goes, I read Greek Mythology like the Illiad and have some favorite stories like Orpheus and Eurydice, I watch documentaries about it, I go to the local library and check out books on this stuff, etc. My mind can't help but want to explore about what I don't know. I will definitely check out Vangelis and Greece is another country I want to visit one day, heck yeah.
The reason I mention Vangelis is that his music is not something you just listen to. It transports you to a different place. Like being immersed in a film or documentary. Great themes but also very atmospheric. His earlier experimental electronic stuff can be heavy going at times but that was when he was still finding his true voice.
Jerome Wrote:The reason I mention Vangelis is that his music is not something you just listen to. It transports you to a different place. Like being immersed in a film or documentary. Great themes but also very atmospheric. His earlier experimental electronic stuff can be heavy going at times but that was when he was still finding his true voice.

Cool, I hear you. That's why I've been digging some atmospheric stuff lately since I can just let the music wash over me and let my mind wander somewhere else. I'll keep that in my mind when I hear him.
Mama's Family.
Great cast! Vicki Lawrence was a female Archie Bunker :biggrin: Loved her interactions with Eunice :biggrin:
  Tongue ......
[Image: avatar_2186.jpg]I try to be good but I get bored   

Watched a couple of episodes of 'The Thin Blue Line' last night via YT - very funny.
loved that series Jerome, Rowan Atkinson was superb in it

whenever I think of Rowan this is the clip that comes to mind:

[video=youtube;91DSNL1BEeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91DSNL1BEeY[/video]
Brilliant! - Like the line about the 'small' guillotine. One of my faves - https://youtu.be/LswKizinfJY
never seen that one before, good stuff Jerome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are Your Favorite Stephen King Movies? Lovely Linda 24 2,590 21-06-2017, 23:08
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Favorite TV Star Lovely Linda 5 1,414 23-07-2015, 23:54
Last Post: TechnoKitten
  Favorite TV Game Show Lovely Linda 4 631 06-05-2014, 05:23
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Favorite Musical? Stage or Movie jroknbok 45 7,703 14-10-2013, 22:32
Last Post: Mrrusty1
  Most, least, etc. favorite ROCKY music? Fira 1 719 01-03-2013, 08:10
Last Post: JamesBond