Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your format and/or device of choice
I wish all my music could be encoded in .flac but that's only a dream and most devices wont support that format.

Typically I listen to everything on my laptop, cds in the car and use my iPod walking around the city or snowboarding.

http://www.flyfi.com

(Deeper Music Discovery)

Follow us on Twitter!

@flyfimusic or @freemusicfriday
A nice little 8 gig Creative Zen V. I'd love to move on to a Zen or the new X-Fi Zen, mostly because of the battery life. They're cheaper than iPods, and I personally like their appearance much more.

As for files, I generally stick to 320 kb/s .mp3's, .flac's, or the occasional WMA. :biggrin:
Just got my new iPod classic 120gb and I gotta say: Totally awesome!
Iota Wrote:Just got my new iPod classic 120gb and I gotta say: Totally awesome!

Bugger me, do they store that much now? My ipod nano is only 2 years old storing 6gb, and that was state of the art then.
With Regards...

Anthony :coffee:
Time is fleeting, my friend.
this is a bit out of touch with the subject

I like to go to youtube and get a url then go to savevid and then save the video. I then go home and resave the video on my prism converter to that I can listen to it on my ipod as a song and not a video. What I need to know is how do I get the watery sound out of the highhats and cymbals. Other than that the guitar and voice is great. It's just the highs that seem to weed together. Anyone got a clue how to fix?
Buy the album.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
mp3,mp4 of course
(05-05-2009, 01:58)RomanKorvinus Wrote: this is a bit out of touch with the subject

I like to go to youtube and get a url then go to savevid and then save the video. I then go home and resave the video on my prism converter to that I can listen to it on my ipod as a song and not a video. What I need to know is how do I get the watery sound out of the highhats and cymbals. Other than that the guitar and voice is great. It's just the highs that seem to weed together. Anyone got a clue how to fix?

That's a classic example of a lousy sample rate - Iota spoke about digital slices of an analogue sound being inferior to the original sound. That 'watery' sound on the cymbals is a dead giveaway that the sample rate conversion is lousy. Chances are the program you are using to convert the original is only doing half the job.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time Format Correction techman 0 1,463 25-01-2008, 00:39
Last Post: techman