Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Low tickets sales is a reason to cancel a concert?
Hey!

I would like your opinion : do you think that low tickets sales is a reason to cancel a big concert? Like a concert of Lady Gaga?

Thank you in advance for your answer! Smile
Absolutely yes--it's the artist's/ managements prerogative--as long as ticket-holders get refunds, and unassociated vendors, stagehands and subsidiary musicians get at least partially paid. Do I think it's a wise move? Hell no--cuts your fanbase to ribbons. An alternate choice would be moving it (assuming an inside show) to a smaller area venue.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
good answer jazzbo...you took the words right out of my mouth...or was that, took the words right off my page? lol
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Oh, yeah, and by refunds to would-be patrons, I mean cash money, not some funky promise to a future show. I've seen and doubtless so have you, situations where everybody involved gets hosed. That can really kill a rep.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
The Sex Pistols first gig drew only 45 people! Perhaps those 45 spread the word and the fanbase grew,,,so on and so on...
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
jazzboCR Wrote:Absolutely yes--it's the artist's/ managements prerogative--as long as ticket-holders get refunds, and unassociated vendors, stagehands and subsidiary musicians get at least partially paid. Do I think it's a wise move? Hell no--cuts your fanbase to ribbons. An alternate choice would be moving it (assuming an inside show) to a smaller area venue.
This goes for me too.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
Yes it is, it sucks for the fans but its up to the artist really
When Supertramp first performed in Paris at the Bataclan Theatre only a handful of people paid to see them. And their manager bought some of those tickets. Fast forward a decade or so and they packed out the venue in Paris, recorded the concert and released a movie as well. The result was one of the best-selling live albums - 'Paris'.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi
^^^ That earlier show did still go on, right?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
If you are talking about the Supertramp one - yes it did.
Somewhere between right and wrong there is a garden. I will meet you there - Rumi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 concert reviews jazzboCR 4 1,277 23-05-2015, 17:51
Last Post: jazzboCR
  My tickets are being printed! TraceNspace 9 1,682 02-01-2015, 03:44
  2 new concert DVDs by the Rolling Stones jazzboCR 0 668 05-11-2014, 21:42
  Tickets bought! Jerome 10 1,514 07-05-2014, 19:12
Last Post: SteveO
  what song randomly popped into your head for no reason gottaluvmusic 10 1,589 17-02-2014, 18:34
Last Post: SteveO
  Great Concert happymandy 0 671 27-11-2013, 09:33
Last Post: happymandy
  Demo Track - looking for a reason JonKrasowski 0 921 21-12-2012, 14:55
Last Post: JonKrasowski
  The 'real' reason dinosaurs disappeared - not a meteor! Beach 4 1,486 20-11-2009, 20:45
Last Post: greenfrogpoison
  Summer concert Musicluv2 11 2,272 15-08-2009, 13:39
Last Post: CMB1888
  AMAZING!! SOLIST BREAKS HIS E-STRING DURING CONCERT - video! ondrejsembera 1 1,864 30-04-2008, 11:43
Last Post: ambernector