Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Adagio in G Minor by Tomaso Giovanni Albinoni.
Elgar/du Pre/LSO - Cello Concerto / Sea Pictures
JonG Wrote:Jóhann Jóhannsson - Sálfræðingur Deyr from Englabörn [4AD, 2007]

Jóhannsson is an Icelandic modern composer. This is from a score for a stage play. I believe it fits here on this board.
Hi JonG, I've not heard of Johannsson at all, and being interested in "contempory" classical music I would appreciate your sending me some additional information. Thank you. Barry Johnstone.
"Model 14" by Karlheinz Stockhausen
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
baznval Wrote:Hi JonG, I've not heard of Johannsson at all, and being interested in "contempory" classical music I would appreciate your sending me some additional information. Thank you. Barry Johnstone.
To be honest I don't know a lot about modern composers. I'm kinda on the fringe of the scene. I'm interested in it. But I get there in a round-about way through electronic music. You might find something in The Wire. They cover a lot of modern music, including classical. It is my favorite music magazine.

I'm not sure you'll see this seeing as how you haven't posted in ten days.
Arnold Schoenberg - Piano Piece, Op. 33b: Massig langsam from Piano Music [Nonesuch Records, 1988]

1988 was when this particular CD was recorded and released. The piece was written in 1931.
Schoenberg... Good stuff. I only have one recording of his... It's a couple of "Opus" pieces and his 17 fragments, all for solo pianist.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
Arvo Pärt - Spiegel Im Spiegel from Alina [1995, ECM]

This is a 1995 performance of his work composed in 1976.
Did anyone try to listen to "Tonight I wanna cry of Keith Urban"? If not, I suggest you should do it. This is a great song for coming Christmas. However, that's my idea.
Sylvain Chauveau - Et Peu À Peu Les Flots Respiraient Comme On Pleure from The Black Book Of Capitalism [Type Records, Re-issued 2008]

Originally released by the French DSA imprint in 2000.