Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
[Image: 60364005_2303209279702074_48419421056789...e=5D9AC974]

I'm no expert within the area of classical music but I know that I enjoy instrumental classical music. I am very much self taught in my appreciation but, I bumble along learning a bit here, finding a bit here. One of my favourite pieces of music is "Pictures at an Exhibition " ( Thanks ELP!) and I found this recently ...it has the original piano version and the augmented version by Ravel....a nice listen!
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Have to say, I’m not usually a big fan of the clarinet which I attribute to far too much Acker Bilk playing around my household growing up! However, I heard this on the radio yesterday and it was just captivating …

Johannes Brahms – from his Sonata in Eb major for clarinet and piano, Opus 120 No 2, 1st movement …

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
.... And that was followed shortly thereafter by this – Elgar’s beautiful “Morning Song” - 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
[Image: R-1980502-1467027663-5154.jpeg.jpg]

I have had a copy of this twice in my life and each time it has always been a delight. I acquired my second copy of this a few months ago and it is now , one of my favourite listens. The album features tracks from Rick's first four albums reworked for a large orchestra. As much of his work was originally designed for a keyboard at the centre of an orchestra this transfer is very effective. The RPO have a great talent for interpreting these works in a sensitive and emotionally appropriate way to bring out subtitles which might not be evident in Rick's original recordings.
The quality of the recordings is breath taking and the pressing excellent.
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )