Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shark attack season is upon us....
yep, we're 9 days into spring and Australia has already had one fatal shark attack,
a swimmer in Sydney apparently had one of his legs removed by a shark this morning, he died on the beach awaiting an ambulance...

1. when will people learn,they dont have fins and scales and dont belong in the water!

2. how many more attacks will we have over the next six months, here, in the shark attack capitol of the world!?
1. never
2. 7

jeez...dont be shy mate..."7"....lol!

okay, thats opened up a competition for everyone on MD....

i want members to get all morbid on me now by giving their estimations of how many shark attacks(both fatal and non-fatal) will happen in Australian waters between now and the 31st March 2015...
c'mon,
it'll be fun(not for the guys get attacked though!)

MAG2NYC...........5
Music Head.........7
CRAZY................8
SteveO..............23
I will say 23 because the number just popped into my head ...lol...probably way too high!

The Great Whites are one huge mfkr!!!!!

[Image: longest-shark-journey-1_77527_990x742.jpg]
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
I would dearly love to have a non-aligned top-tier mental health professional take a look at the brains of all who died/got seriously chewed up. I would like to fund an equal-amount study of all those whose horrified, vicarious pseudo-thrills keep this kind of topic alive. How many children died in Sao Pulo's favela's? How many died in Jakarta, Indonesia of neglect? What's the homeless child population of Lagos, Nigeria? << During this time period. Yet you persist in this "OMG, those poor folks" cheap thrill. A reminder: Those in Australia voluntarily exposed themselves to danger, despite abundant warning. Can you say the same for my examples? Sheesh.
Am I taking you to the woodshed for being frivolous? Damn Skippy I am...and here I stand.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
SteveO Wrote:I will say 23 because the number just popped into my head ...lol...probably way too high!

The Great Whites are one huge mfkr!!!!!

[Image: longest-shark-journey-1_77527_990x742.jpg]

That's one seriously big bugger! We have the odd shark attack off the coast of SA, but nothing like what happens in OZ.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
20ft+ long....
jaws up to 4ft across
swim at speeds up to 35mph
weigh in at over 1000lbs
albility to bite humans in half with one bite

thats an "apex predator" if there ever was one
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:jeez...dont be shy mate..."7"....lol!

okay, thats opened up a competition for everyone on MD....

i want members to get all morbid on me now by giving their estimations of how many shark attacks(both fatal and non-fatal) will happen in Australian waters between now and the 31st March 2015...
c'mon,
it'll be fun(not for the guys get attacked though!)

Music Head.........7
CRAZY................8
SteveO..............23

I'm going to throw my .02 cents in here and say 5. Given that there hasn't been more than 2 fatalities in any given year (with the exception of 4 in 2011...did you guys throw a shrimp on the oceanic barbie that year or something, Crazy Horse?), and the non-fatal attacks seem to have been dropping since 2003 (probably because the laws pertaining to Darwinism have meant that those who are foolish enough to ignore the warnings have been ejected from the (gene) pool), I'm going to low-ball my guess.

It was kind of cool to check out the stats on shark attacks. I have lived inland my entire life, so I had not really thought much about it! https://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/st...statsw.htm

As for your concerns jazzbo, I understand why you are upset about this, but I do think that trying to compare the suffering of children in impoverished areas to the active choices made by adults who really should know better isn't fair. Now, if the sharks were eating impoverished children, I'd agree with you that this topic is inappropriate!

This topic immediately made me wonder what music sharks would listen to while "dining"...
[video=youtube_share;jWiixo-iOTc]http://youtu.be/jWiixo-iOTc[/video]
Everyone has an Angel: a Guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take. One day, old man. Next day, little girl. But don't let appearances fool you, they can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our heart. Reminding that it's us: it's everyone of us who holds power over the world we create. -Sweet Pea
10/10..............!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Per Sister MAG2NYC's gentle chiding, I will admit I was late-night OTT. She has however been around sharks in her life: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Loop << posted to keep others elsewhere in the loop...JazzboCR over and out.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shark Attack season is open.... CRAZY-HORSE 20 1,011 25-03-2019, 04:40
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Shark Attack season... CRAZY-HORSE 4 743 04-10-2017, 02:38
  Season's greetings to all music discussion members ! SteveO 0 448 21-12-2016, 16:50
Last Post: SteveO
  Shark Attack season is upon us...! CRAZY-HORSE 3 499 26-09-2016, 20:53
Last Post: Music Head
  out of season but..... CRAZY-HORSE 0 434 26-04-2015, 01:44
  shark season... CRAZY-HORSE 2 825 25-11-2013, 21:28
  Compliments of the season.l Jerome 4 823 21-12-2012, 12:55
  another shark attack... CRAZY-HORSE 16 2,012 11-09-2012, 01:00
Last Post: suzy7
  Happy upcoming 4/30 day, best day of the season! halfpastfour 0 531 27-04-2011, 08:39
Last Post: halfpastfour
  ATTACK! ATTACK! UK - Produced by Stu of Lostprophets!! rockmomma 0 1,223 08-10-2008, 18:34
Last Post: rockmomma