Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ultimate music connection
I have always contended that the greatest thrill an artist must have is when their fans sing to the artist! In this case the recipient is mega song writer and record producer Nile Rodgers! He performed and wrote Get Lucky on Daft Punk's tremendously uplifting album Random Access Memories!

[video=youtube;Fjv2Sz2CWWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjv2Sz2CWWc[/video]
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
Wow! That is an amazing clip. I'm glad Nile is getting his props as he is one of my favourite guitarists. Thanks for sharing SteveO.
funny how though normally us regulars agree on what we like
on occasion something will come along that one of us latches onto
and the others just never get it.
as is the case with SteveO and this song
glad you love it SteveO
rock on brother

^Thanks for the comments guys! Normally this is not my gig but Daft Punk's RAM is so fresh and yet retrospective at the same time!,,,a nice change to a pop scene of dullness ,,there's something different about the intro to Get Lucky? I have never heard that hook before,,,so different...and there's a lot more to the album....it's a history of music,,,from funk to disco to prog ,,,further along on the album there are Beatle like melodies, and Pink Floydian and Yes like passages !!!! an excellent album and surprisingly one of the best I've heard in years regardless of the genre!!!!!,,and yes Evil, Nile is the consummate artist,,with Chic at Glastonbury! He wrote possibly one of the greatest feel good songs in music history,,,We Are Family! by Sister Sledge and produced albums by Diana Ross, Madonna and David Bowie among others!
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
One of those very under rated artists who continues to release great music year after year...doesn't appear to be under rated on this fabulous video!

[video=youtube;EjIfrhSQ8Pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjIfrhSQ8Pk[/video]

- JOHN LENNON
^^
The mans brave
and crazy
and talented
would have been easy to take a fall

If I had my druthers I would love to see live performances every day above all the rest,,,listening to CDs and albums, .etc...Thank god for UTUBE ! at least I can watch concerts ..next best thing!

[video=youtube;mykw_du20IQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mykw_du20IQ[/video]

- JOHN LENNON
Awesomely moving!

[video=youtube;iLYQZbW84rQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLYQZbW84rQ[/video]

- JOHN LENNON
I like the most when Ben sings his favorite song. Love it.
SteveO Wrote:One of those very under rated artists who continues to release great music year after year...doesn't appear to be under rated on this fabulous video!

[video=youtube;EjIfrhSQ8Pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjIfrhSQ8Pk[/video]

Sorry, have to pass on this one. Does not do anything for me at all.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weekly Music Charts for 2017 Music Head 137 8,847 Yesterday, 11:31
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  MUSIC NEWS: Steve Winwood to release his first "live" album CRAZY-HORSE 0 50 30-06-2017, 13:58
  MUSIC NEWS: new Waterboys album on the way... CRAZY-HORSE 0 50 30-06-2017, 13:54
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 15 2,217 13-05-2017, 11:35
Last Post: Jerome
  Music & Alcohol Tiggi 13 1,755 06-05-2017, 18:16
Last Post: Frands
  What was it that first led you to take notice of music ? gryphon 15 1,283 22-03-2017, 02:56
Last Post: oldies65
  Subversive Music - RATM, Immortal Tech, Akala, Slaves, Allflaws flinty 50 9,164 17-03-2017, 13:59
Last Post: flinty
  The Best Gaming Music Mix 2017 ♪ ToBu,alan walker,NCS Realese 1 Hour ^_^ Dragon Music rikkasan47 1 358 16-03-2017, 20:56
Last Post: Inna Selez
  is my best music 2017 ayoub123 1 516 06-03-2017, 14:31
Last Post: Soniajain
  Interesting article in Scientific American about pop music bob_32_116 4 272 23-02-2017, 03:46
Last Post: Lovely Linda