Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie with an interesting story
The hardest part about being an independent artist is funding yourself. The question is: how do I take care of my needs while pushing my artistic endeavors as far as I can take them? We all know that what’s in an artist’s bank account doesn’t reflect his/her talents. Sometimes, as independent artists, we miss out on opportunities because we just don’t have the money to adequately pursue them. Well, here is an opportunity that I’m determined not to miss. I have a chance to perform overseas in Germany in November. San Antonio born and raised, I would have never thought I would be able to travel the world with my music. However, more and more doors keep opening up and it’s truly amazing. The only obstacle in my way is funding. This is where YOU come in.

I want to thank every outlet and individual that has ever shared or written about my music, because the only reason I’m here is because of you. Recently I released an album called Graffiti the Mind (https://mrcomposition.bandcamp.com/album...i-the-mind) which has generated quite a bit of positive buzz. I am immensely thankful that so many have taken the time to digest, consider and write about my music, which represents a great deal of thought and hard work on my part.

In a time where buying music is at an all time low, even with your favorite artists, it’s a long stretch to try and ask for money for your music. Maybe this will work, maybe it won’t... all I can do is keep faith. Graffiti The Mind is now available for a “Name Your Price” amount. That’s $0-whatever amount you would like to donate. Every tiny bit helps, so if you enjoy the music please support the cause of its continuance and spread with your donation. It’s easy and if everybody who ever dug my rhymes would donate the price of a 40oz and a couple blunt wraps, I’d be sure to be successful in my endeavors.

This money, should you choose to give, will help me in my journey to Germany and support me on the tour. I plan to go in November, with my comrade artists Jackie Venson, Spy Mc, and Dj Johnny Zip, so any help you want to offer between now and then would be much appreciated. It is my hope that your donation will have a ripple effect and that I’m able to meet all of the people who decide to donate. I have by the end of September to get my ticket, every dollar helps. And remember, I’m not asking for handouts, just a little payment for a product that represents tireless work on my part.

Respect,
Mr. Composition
Get a job.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
...And about those "needs": this may prove of value: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_...y_of_needs
Jeome is a working musician and composer and is giving you solid advice, repeated in this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv4JdauqfeY
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
jazzboCR Wrote:...And about those "needs": this may prove of value: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_...y_of_needs
Jeome is a working musician and composer and is giving you solid advice, repeated in this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv4JdauqfeY

Classic Jazzbo - that first link sums it up nicely. BTW 'composer' is really stretching it - I am more of a 'weekend warrior'. Wish I had the time and money to be able to do this full time but there's bills to be paid.......

'I owe, I owe
It's off to work I go'
Jerome Wrote:Classic Jazzbo - that first link sums it up nicely. BTW 'composer' is really stretching it - I am more of a 'weekend warrior'. Wish I had the time and money to be able to do this full time but there's bills to be paid.......

'I owe, I owe
It's off to work I go'

You are way too modest, Jerome. You *are* a composer; it's just that you've figured out how to do what you love *without* becoming a "starving artist."
Everyone has an Angel: a Guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take. One day, old man. Next day, little girl. But don't let appearances fool you, they can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles, but to whisper from our heart. Reminding that it's us: it's everyone of us who holds power over the world we create. -Sweet Pea
To be quite honest - it is impossible to be objective about your own work. Somebody else has to put you straight. You are too kind madam - thx for the encouragement.
MAG2NYC Wrote:You are way too modest, Jerome. You *are* a composer; it's just that you've figured out how to do what you love *without* becoming a "starving artist."

True dat. Exaggerating for effect here but if it takes a year to conceive, write and finish a 10-minute piece--you have composed it and assuredly qualify for the moniker "composer". As you've shared, that's just not all you do.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey newbie here! Coconutstig 0 293 11-11-2016, 18:42
Last Post: Coconutstig
  Hello All!! Newbie Here! vocalmatch 0 237 09-02-2016, 14:55
Last Post: vocalmatch
  Hello all, Newbie from uk here pointfour 0 267 30-06-2015, 09:02
Last Post: pointfour
  New guy here...newbie! Beitknown 2 417 10-04-2015, 17:58
Last Post: Jerome
  Newbie who likes the Doobies jayburd 13 3,618 11-03-2015, 05:40