Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"New" music from Queen and Pink Floyd
Classic Rock magazine said The Endless River is a glowing tribute, but they wished at times it glowed with a bit more intensity. I suppose the trouble is it was reconstructed from the early Division Bell sessions and Richard Wright is no longer available. So, without a live band, it was difficult for them to inject more power into the material. They probably should have released it as the Division Bell Sessions, instead of as a new album. But keep playing it Jerome, it may grow on you.
“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.” William Shakespeare, As You Like It
I have been a lifelong fan of the band - you will not find a bigger Floyd fan on this site, but I gave this another listen this morning and I have not changed my mind - this is a badly constructed album to say the least. All they have done is patched together leftovers and where that did not work, they simply copied old ideas and sounds. No, this one's not going to grow on me. It's a shoddy piece of work. Extremely disappointed that a band that was always known for delivering quality work have resorted to this. MH was right - they should have bowed out with The Division Bell. This one is just a complete disaster.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
I like the cover art and title of the album....

I'll give them that credit....as they always have great covers and titles
On a final note on this. When Roger Waters created The Final Cut, Gilmour was not happy, claiming that the tracks were just leftovers from The Wall, and if they weren't good enough the first time around why should they be considered for inclusion into The Final Cut. Well the chicken comes home to roost - these bits on The Endless River are also just leftovers and what is on offer here does not constitute a 'new' album. Sad but true. They have quite simply run out of ideas.

As George Harrison said - 'All Things Must Pass'
...and for my final comment on it also...

It happens to all artists sooner or later....i guess that's the way things go.
And now for my real final comment.....

If it wasn't a PF album would it make the cut for a lesser band without such a vast back catalogue/history???
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:And now for my real final comment.....

If it wasn't a PF album would it make the cut for a lesser band without such a vast back catalogue/history???

No it would not. It would be lost in that sea of obscurity that 99% of all albums go to.
curious how it will do on the charts
any predictions?

I would not even hazard a guess!
#1 UK
top 5 everywhere else

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ouroboros Music Video tristoise 5 1,217 02-12-2016, 09:08
Last Post: tristoise
  Which you consider the best album of The Pink Floyd? juan_mccoy 32 4,366 27-11-2016, 02:28
Last Post: MrMojoRisin
  Where to start with Queen Friedrich Hueppe 7 1,937 07-11-2016, 21:53
Last Post: djsmuv
  Pink Floyd goth metal raver 48 7,250 19-10-2016, 11:29
Last Post: bob_32_116
  Pink Floyd's Time Reditus 0 684 21-08-2016, 14:51
Last Post: Reditus
  Queen-Show must go on (orchestral cover) Filip Lackovic 1 1,028 16-08-2016, 21:46
Last Post: ulimusic
  Field Music "disappointed" CRAZY-HORSE 0 768 10-07-2016, 12:16
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  "Such music doesn't exist any more!" Friedrich Hueppe 4 1,094 23-06-2016, 00:54
  New Music Video aschwend94 0 684 05-04-2016, 01:25
Last Post: aschwend94
  looking for some new music to listen to? NextSound 3 1,214 29-03-2016, 10:48