Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Politics
Bellini48 Wrote:Music is a uniting vector...

yea, even that can be tricky.
maybe with the We Are The World Type stuff
but some of the so called music can definitely divide me
if all you listen to is hard core rap, house, or death metal, I probably don't want to hang out with you
not saying it's wrong to listen to it at times, just if that's your only music
doesn't make them bad people, but their music taste is really bad
just being honest folks

I knew this thread would come.................
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
TraceNspace Wrote:I knew this thread would come.................

........blame it on rebelgirl

Music Head Wrote:........blame it on rebelgirl

Well, she's a rebel. What could we expect? :wink:
"I said, I found the secret to life, I found the secret to life
I'm okay when everything is not okay, is not okay"

~Tori Amos, Upside Down
Music Head Wrote:........blame it on rebelgirl
I will take the blame MH :laugh: I'm just going with the flow. When things like this is brought up I will not hesitate to express my opinion. I Am A Rebel :laugh:

Rebelgirl, I do not even intend satanic music as music, as you say. And not all music contain words. Only songs and arias and religious hymns do. The thing with music is that the words may not appeal to us all, but if it's a beautiful melody, it can unite us in aconceptual beauty. As for the issues in your nation, I really don't know what they mean. It's far too specific politics, and I can't tackle it. It concerns only citizens of the US. All the best anyway. We all have our problems, for better or worse. And I will not syndicate on other's political and social problems. Read you around!!!!
Cogito, ergo sum...
Hey Reb! How do you know music is vulgar or satanic if you do not listen to it! Black Sabbath are heavy rock not metal..even their guitar player admits it! They are Christians and say so! Tony Iommi wears a large cross on his neck. Black Metal has hundreds of non satanic and non vulgar topics! I don't go there! Many bands dwell on the environment, human relationships, nature and yes ...even politics! I have my own choices for "metal" or "progressive" music! I have to listen to All Music as I am in Search of the Lost Chord , so to speak! I avoid certain music because for the most part...it is BORING and unimaginative! And to be truthful I really don't pay any attention to the lyrics as I can't make them out any way if they are singing like the Cookie Monster, it just adds to the overall feeling of the music!!!...lol...I have to have a musical buffet , a little bit of everything, to keep my sanity! With all the hundreds and hundreds of fairly new musicians out there in these times it tends to overwhelm me since I am attracted to music from many genres! I escape this feeling of overwhelmness by simply listening to The Beatles!Confusedmile:
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
I have listened to it in the past. Remember I was on DAC's site and some of his music is vulgar and I have seen fans use demonic hand signals. Like MH said listen to what some of the rappers are saying. I don't like Hank 3. I have heard him. If I hear it, I cut them off.

Oh Music Head I DO NOT LISTEN TO DEATH METAL!!!!!
Music Head Wrote:yea, even that can be tricky.
maybe with the We Are The World Type stuff
but some of the so called music can definitely divide me
if all you listen to is hard core rap, house, or death metal, I probably don't want to hang out with you
not saying it's wrong to listen to it at times, just if that's your only music
doesn't make them bad people, but their music taste is really bad
just being honest folks
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
Y'all don't take things we say personally. As far as I know we have not accused anyone. I have not accused anyone. I was just talking about there is a division in what type of music we like just like there is a division in politics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  turmoil in australian politics CRAZY-HORSE 7 720 28-06-2013, 23:42
Last Post: SteveO