Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Politics
No offence taken! I'm used to the heavy metal attitude, ..lol...I listen to it from time to time when I am walking...I get off on its' extreme power and it gets these old legs movin:...lol I am not one to criticise anyone's music preference! This site doesn't do that often. There are a lot of 'intelligent" so called metal bands out there! I do not dwell on the genre all that much...I have to move on! If I was pinned to one genre I'd go nuts!...lol Did you know Reb that I also listen to some white metal, a group of Christian bands that are pretty good! What bands turned you off in the past! I agree that today's music , rap and hip hop in particular, is vulgar and obscene at times and it's mainstream as opposed to underground...that's the scary thing! My grandkids listen to it...all the kids are exposed to it these days with the easy accessability of the Internet, ITunes, etc...to each his or her own...who am I to criticize!
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
SteveO Wrote:No offence taken! I'm used to the heavy metal attitude, ..lol...I listen to it from time to time when I am walking...I get off on its' extreme power and it gets these old legs movin:...lol I am not one to criticise anyone's music preference! This site doesn't do that often. There are a lot of 'intelligent" so called metal bands out there! I do not dwell on the genre all that much...I have to move on! If I was pinned to one genre I'd go nuts!...lol Did you know Reb that I also listen to some white metal, a group of Christian bands that are pretty good! What bands turned you off in the past! I agree that today's music , rap and hip hop in particular, is vulgar and obscene at times and it's mainstream as opposed to underground...that's the scary thing! My grandkids listen to it...all the kids are exposed to it these days with the easy accessability of the Internet, ITunes, etc...to each his or her own...who am I to criticize!
Glad to hear!! No, I didn't know about white metal......I don't listen to DAC much anymore. Only 2 songs I put on here were not his X-Rated. I still felt kind of weird. I just liked the songs.....Pantera, No, Kiss didn't like them, and Hank3/Assjack, No, just to name a few.

rebelgirl Wrote:OK Steve Confusedmile: I just wanted us to understand that Christianity is not a religion......Music can divide us too. It's words set to music. Some don't approve of certain types of music. I don't. Alot of the music today is not worth listening. Even in the past some music has been just Satanic and vulgar. Me, if it is posted, I just stay away. I'm watching the news now and the Repubs are trying to make a agreement that Obama, the Congress, and Senate has to be involed in Obamacare completely. If Obama told the truth we can use our own insurance but that is going up. So how can we afford our own. Yesterday it was already reported that one half of the Drs. will not accept Obamacare. I know mine won't. I don't want to lose my Drs. I have some great ones.

Christianity not a religion! Since when?

An excerpt from Wikipedia - 'Christianity (from the Ancient Greek translation Χριστός, Christos of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ, Mašíaḥ, meaning "the anointed one"[SUP][1][/SUP] and the Latin suffixes ian and -itas) is a monotheistic[SUP][2][/SUP] religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as presented in the New Testament. Christianity is the world's largest religion,[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] with approximately 2.2 billion adherents, known as Christians.[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP] Most Christians believe that Jesus is the Son of God, fully divine and fully human, and the savior of humanity prophesied in the Old Testament. Consequentially, Christians refer to Jesus as Christ or Messiah.'
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
rebelgirl Wrote:Glad to hear!! No, I didn't know about white metal......I don't listen to DAC much anymore. Only 2 songs I put on here were not his X-Rated. I still felt kind of weird. I just liked the songs.....Pantera, No, Kiss didn't like them, and Hank3/Assjack, No, just to name a few.

KISS are a cool rock/glam rock band

and you dont like Hank III....?, i only have two albums,like both of them,like Hank Snr also, but not Hank Jnr(cant stand him!)
Canada has had free premium free medical insurance for over 45 yeas or more! It is one of the most revered characteristics of Canada! I heard a staggering figure the other day that over 50 million Americans have no medical insurance! How many of these poor souls have died because of this?

A quote from my friend SteveO in the previous thread that was closed.

I know nothing about your health care system other than that it can't be free.
It has to be paid for via taxes.

As far as your stat of 50 million, polls have shown that around 35 million of those people choose to not purchase health insurance.
Could be an irresponsible choice, but a choice nonetheless.
Young people make a lot of irresponsible decisions.
I remember being one of those poor souls who made that decision for a few years, many years ago.
I was lucky. There were no major health incidents during that time.
For doctor visits or prescriptions that were needed I did this strange thing of actualy paying for them back then.
As far as the poor souls dying, probably very few.
For emergencys, hospitals are still required to provide service to those without insurance.
Yes others end up paying for them with higher costs.
No different than what will happen with the new law, except now insurance companies get to jack up their premiums.
I could go on and on, but then the post would be too long and you wouldn't read it.

we have had a relatively free medical system here and have done so since around 1973-ish..
all tax payers here pay a medicare levy each year on their taxes which is income/means tested(ie:the amount you pay per year depends upon your income), this amount ranges from $50-$200 per tax payer per year...

this gives you free medical attention in hospitals...but if you need a medical procedure like an organ transplant or other serious problem you generally get put on a waiting list unless it is a 'life and death' situation in which case you are dealt with immediately...

to cover the costs of this the Government pays for it out of the taxes from tobacco,junk food(take out) and alcohol sales, a large amount of the revenue also comes from the sale of lottery tickets...

if you choose to have health insurance(like i do and millions of others) you have the right to choose your medical proffessional, the hospital you are admitted to and can go in to be seen almost instantly...

i have no problem paying the annual levy because ther are many people in society(like pensioners) who cannot afford to get private insurance who need medical attention sometimes, the reason i dont mind paying it is because these people came from an era where where insurance didnt exist,they also fought for our country and have paid their taxes also, so give them something back to make their last few years as comfortable as possible..

i get angry when the long term unemployed try to rort the system to get something for nothing when they have never contributed to this country, and when drug addicts get treatment, also refugees who come here and have never contributed to Australia...

back to insurance premiums...
when you take out insurance prior to the age of 35 here, those premiums stay the same forever, for each year you leave it prior to taking it out you pay a premium rate for you rinsurance...

when you have health insurance you also get a rebate at the end of the tax year...
Only comment I have about any of these posts is can anyone tell me a verse in the Holy Bible that calls Christianity a religion? I don't think I have missed such a verse, just asking? Other than that I'm done here. Too stressful!!

I do politics
not religion

looks like a deal has been reached on the government shutdown and the debt ceiling

I love running up to the edge of that fiscal cliff
gives the media something to do
now back to the latest celebrity gossip
come on Miley, do something stupid

Music Head Wrote:I do politics
not religion
Did you not say you read the Bible, MH? Knew they would reach a deal on the shutdown.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  turmoil in australian politics CRAZY-HORSE 7 720 28-06-2013, 23:42
Last Post: SteveO