Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Talk
I've just heard on the news that England beat the Aussie 26 - 17 in a rugby union international.
“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.” William Shakespeare, As You Like It
I noticed Chris Eubank's son Chris Jr lost his unbeaten record as he lost a split decision to Billy Joe Saunders in London on Saturday night.
“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.” William Shakespeare, As You Like It
My favourite hockey player Jean Beliveau, passed away yesterday at the age of 83. He captained the Montreal Canadiens for 10 years winning 10 Stanley Cups in his twenty year career. He was Mr. Class on and off the ice! I will certainly miss him dearly!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
this weeks NFL predictions

Cowboys over BEARS by 3 1/2
Steelers over BENGALS by 4 1/2
Rams over REDSKINS by 3 1/2
Giants over TITANS by 1 1/2
SAINTS over Panthers by 1 1/2
VIKINGS over Jets by 2 1/2
DOLPHINS over Ravens by 1/2
Colts over BROWNS by 4 1/2
LIONS over Buccaneers by 3 1/2
Texans over JAGUARS by 3 1/2
BRONCOS over Bills by 5 1/2
Chiefs over CARDINALS by 4 1/2
Seahawks over EAGLES by 1/2
49ers over RAIDERS by 7 1/2
Patriots over CHARGERS by 5 1/2
PACKERS over Falcons by 2 1/2

Seahawks vs Eagles looks like a real barn burner...and my poor old Giants at 3-9...lol!
It deserves it's own thread

and if I may
shout out to my Kentucky Wildcats
the only unbeaten team in college basketball at 22-0
we travel to Florida today
hoping for an unbeaten season
and then it's tournament time :cheer2:

great idea...a "sports" thread....i dont know why no-one's thougt of it previously, good stuff MH...

so there we go guys...
lets keep ALL sports talk/results/predictions to this thread so its all in one place.
Chelsea were in tough at Villa Park against Aston Villa today! Defender Branislav Ivanovic scored in the 64th minute to seal the 2-1 victory.
make it 23-0 for Kentucky
Florida gave us a good game though

On hockey: For us Americanskis and other non-Canadians, here's a Lilliputian lexicon of lingo, wrapped in a story: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/sports...glers.html
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR