3.5 of 5.0 by allmusic

debut album
knocking Taylor out of the top spot this week
love the retro sound
not a bad tune on here for me

artist website - http://www.meghan-trainor.com/

Bio - from allmusic

[Image: MI0003790423.jpg?partner=allrovi.com]

Pop singer and songwriter Meghan Trainor had already devoted most of her life to music when she scored her first hit in 2014 (when she was 20 years old) with a
dance-friendly paean to body positivity, "All About That Bass." Born in December 1993, Trainor was born and raised on Nantucket Island in Massachusetts, where she
began making music when she was just seven, and wrote her first song at the age of 11. Trainor attended high school at the Nauset High School on Cape Cod; there
she sang and played trumpet in the jazz band, and also studied guitar, taking lessons with Johnny Spampinato, noted guitarist with NRBQ and the Incredible Casuals. In
addition, Trainor played guitar, keyboards, and sang with a local Nantucket band called Island Fusion for four years. Trainor attended the Berklee College of Music's
Performance Program, a special five-week course, in 2009 and 2010, receiving high marks and reaching the finals of their songwriting competition. By the time she was
18, Trainor had self-released three albums of her own material and landed a publishing deal with Big Yellow Dog Music (who placed her songs with artists such as
Rascal Flatts, Macy Kate, Common Kings, and Sabrina Carpenter) before she signed a deal with Epic Records. Trainor's first single for Epic was "All About That Bass,"
in which she proudly declares she's "no stick figure silicon Barbie doll," and "every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top." The pastel-colored video for "All
About That Bass" became an online sensation, racking up over 1,600,000 views on YouTube within a month of its debut in June 2014. Soon, "All About That Bass"
started storming the Billboard Hot 100, reaching the pole position not only in the U.S. but throughout the world. As it racked up eight weeks on the top of the U.S. charts,
it wound up getting certified five times platinum, selling over four million copies in America alone; international sales reached over six million, cementing "All About That
Bass"' status as one of the biggest singles of 2014. In comparison, its sequel, "Lips Are Moving," paled, but it was still a notable hit, reaching four on the Billboard charts
and earning a gold certification, setting the stage nicely for the January 2015 release of Trainor's debut, Title.

Album Review - from allmusic

[Image: MI0003803445.jpg?partner=allrovi.com]

"All About That Bass" spread throughout the globe with the speed of a pandemic disease, and its viral nature neatly camouflaged how Meghan Trainor was no naïve
ingénue. She landed a publishing deal at the age of 18 and had one of her songs recorded by pop-country superstars Rascal Flatts, show-biz bona fides that belied her
Internet sensation status. Title, Trainor's full-length debut, suggests this tactic was deliberate: snag an audience via a near-novelty, then rely on her well-honed craft for the
rest of the record. Certainly, echoes of "All About That Bass" can be heard throughout Title, particularly in how she and her chief collaborator Kevin Kadish balance a
love of old-fashioned girl group pop with old-school hip-hop, but the cumulative effect of the album's 15 tracks is to shift attention away from her cutesy style to her
songwriting skills. Admittedly, Trainor is eager to embrace her enthusiasm for musical theater -- she's the first post-Glee pop star, consciously putting on a show as she
sways between rapped verses and cabaret choruses, liberally borrowing from Dion's "Runaround Sue" for "Dear Future Husband," making sure that she laughs after
delivering a pun on her own last name -- but over the course of a record the affectations don't seem quite as potent as they do when they're distilled to a single. By the
time the record winds its way around to the Motown bounce of "Lips Are Movin" -- a single equally inspired by vintage 45s and Amy Winehouse's snazzy new-millennial
revival that's the best song here -- Trainor's giddiness has become ingratiating, so it's easier to warm to her considerable skill at pastiche and performance. Far from
consigning her to one-hit wonder territory, the blend of strength of personality and music-biz savvy on Title shows that Meghan Trainor is clever enough to parlay a big hit
into a real career.

how about some Belmonts

[video=youtube;mp7qWfDANrU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp7qWfDANrU[/video]

Track Listing

1. The Best Part (Interlude)
2. All About That Bass
3. Dear Future Husband
4. Close Your Eyes
5. 3AM
6. Like I'm Gonna Lose You - ft. John Legend
7. Bang Dem Sticks
8. Walkashame
9. Title
10. What if I
11. Lips Are Movin
12. No Good For You
13. Mr. Almost
14. My Selfish Heart
15. Credit

she is on my purchase list...
love that one you linked, like you posted...Belmonts!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SONG: Pentatonix ft. Meghan Trainor - Kid On Christmas Music Head 0 216 03-01-2023, 12:40
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Meghan Trainor - Takin' It Back Music Head 2 277 08-11-2022, 01:36
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SONG: Meghan Trainor "last Christmas" CRAZY-HORSE 0 276 08-10-2020, 21:17
  NEW SONG: Meghan Trainor "my kind of present" CRAZY-HORSE 0 232 08-10-2020, 21:12
  NEW SINGLE: Meghan Trainor ft. Nicki Minaj - Nice To Meet Ya Music Head 0 396 16-02-2020, 12:21
  NEW SINGLE: Megahn Trainor "genetics" CRAZY-HORSE 0 437 15-09-2019, 09:27
  NEW SINGLE: Meghan Trainor "no excuses" CRAZY-HORSE 1 873 15-03-2018, 12:57
  Meghan Trainor "me too" CRAZY-HORSE 0 603 25-06-2016, 05:10
  Meghan Trainor - Me Too Music Head 1 778 25-05-2016, 13:20
  Meghan Trainor "thank you" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,408 25-05-2016, 00:37