Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the stars to compose?
Hey I was wondering if any one here is a fan of Bob Gallo?
His electronica / new age album Starway to Heaven uses star charts that he lined up with a musical staff so that the stars created the notes.
Anyone ever tried anything like this?
Thoughts?

Bob Gallo is also supposedly the guy who discovered Elvis Costello!
Reminds me of the composer (I forget which) that drew a staff on a fish tank, then played each note as the fish swam. I, personally, am too much of a control freak to let 'the fates' have any part in my music Big Grin I do however, LOVE Elvis Costello (especially his earlier stuff).
Sounds completely nuts to me, but without hearing the music, who knows? Maybe there's method to his madness.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
I agree Jerome...

would have liked a link to a Gallo track which used this method,
instead we get all these EDM guys posting their predictable tripe.

also,
I tried looking for Bob Gallo on the WWW for something to read, all I got was some Nobel Prize winning scientist, nothing else.
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:I agree Jerome...

would have liked a link to a Gallo track which used this method,
instead we get all these EDM guys posting their predictable tripe.

also,
I tried looking for Bob Gallo on the WWW for something to read, all I got was some Nobel Prize winning scientist, nothing else.
Heh. "Some Nobel prize winning scientist". He's only one of the researchers credited with identifying the HIV virus, that's all.

Still, I suppose if you didn't read about that kind of stuff, you wouldn't know. As for me, I never heard of a Bob Gallo in the music field. I'd need more details, but "composing by the stars" sounds to me like so much BS.