Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell. It surfaced at the top of a pile of CD's and was grabbed on my way out. Haven't listened to this in very many moons but could still sing along ... and I still love this song ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Yes - Heart of the Sunrise

Gerry Rafferty's Sleepwalking. There's always something to be enjoyed, even on his so-called lesser releases. Remarkable talent. This track stood out for me today ... I wonder if he was admonishing himself, as well as anyone else who happened to stumble across these words "At The Right Moment"! ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Old memories are floating in the air tonight! A huge hit for After All in 1973:

After All (The Netherlands)/If You Need Me 1973 (Single)

[Image: R-623594-1292964715.jpeg.jpg]       

___
(22-06-2017, 21:09)Ruby Wrote: Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell. It surfaced at the top of a pile of CD's and was grabbed on my way out. Haven't listened to this in very many moons but could still sing along ... and I still love this song ... 
Heaven Can Wait is my favourite of that album too Ruby.
I have most of Meat Loaf's albums, a quality artist especially when Jim Steinman is writing and producing him...
my favourite album of his is the follow up "deadringer"...
Jim Steinman's album "bad for good" is also superb IMO...
another interesting album is "original sin" by Pandora's Box who had a female vocalist, they only made one album
and Steinman wrote and produced most of the  tracks, well worth a listen if you can find it,
I have that one on vinyl, am yet to find the cd of it...
it contains the original version of this song that Celine Dion covered a couple of years later:

[Image: 3399655.jpg]

Blues Pills "lady in gold: cd, 2016:

when you look at the name of the band, the title and the cover art psychedelic comes to mind,
well it did for me when I first heard on Spotify as a new release but I was wrong...
its blues rock/r+b...
second set from this Swedish rock band....
love almost everything on here including the solitary cover,Tony Joe white's classic "elements and things"...
a very good album, heres the title track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-1hn87q9_8

[Image: 220px-David_Gilmour_About_Face.jpg]

David Gilmour "about face" cd, 1984:

Dave's second solo set....
a hint of reggae on one track, some pop/rock, but mostly the sound we expect of him...
a couple co written with Pete Townshend and an instrumental which , incidently, I love...
my second favourite album of his after Rattle That Lock...
album was a commercial failure back in the day but I love it...
I had no idea until a few minutes ago when I opened up Wiki that my favourite track
was Gilmour's tribute to John Lennon, a man who inspired him to enter the music biz....

Best of the Doobies - a pretty good compilation IMHO - impossible to be in any way down at heart while this is going on! Caution: earworm alert!  Rolleyes

The danish version of Ike & Tina Turner's song River Deep Mountain High:

Annisette & Dandy Swingers ‎– River Deep Mountain High/ 1968

___
Mike Oldfield - Return to Ommadawn - has it's moments but isn't a patch on the original.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Camel - Dust and Dreams - the more I listen to this album the more I like it and the more I find to like about it. I first time I took this album with me on holiday on the Amalfi Coast in Italy many moons ago, I sat on the patio of the villa I rented and watched the storms roll in from the sea and immersed myself in this album for about a week. According to the sleeve notes it was inspired by John Steinbeck's novel 'The Grapes of Wrath' set in the Great Depression in the USA. I don't know what it is about this album that gets to me but it is an absolute masterpiece. An unassuming piece of genius. Nobody, and I mean nobody, gets the guitar to talk like Andrew Latimer can. Orchestral swells, rhythmic synths darting in and out, soaring lead lines and funky grooves. What more could you possibly want? When I listen to this I just take off. Magnificent. Musicians like this are few and far between.
The Doobie Brothers - What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Am Listening Justin Bieber-What Do You Mean SongsPapa 0 619 27-10-2015, 15:48
Last Post: SongsPapa
  Really? Am I really the only one listening to the new Van Halen disc? gater 2 466 08-02-2012, 18:08
Last Post: jroknbok
  Eartha AOL Listening Party taco42 0 1,135 23-09-2010, 16:09
Last Post: taco42
  Ive been listening to motorhead 0 424 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Currently Listening to... 0 29,527 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: