Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
(21-08-2017, 13:08)Oceansoul Wrote: Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon

a good album but not great IMO, I guess you had to "be there" back in the day???
much prefer The Wall, Final Cut and their best album (IMO) Division Bell.
(22-08-2017, 03:44)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:
(21-08-2017, 13:08)Oceansoul Wrote: Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon

a good album but not great IMO, I guess you had to "be there" back in the day???
much prefer The Wall, Final Cut and their best album (IMO) Division Bell.

Maybe. Listening to DSOTM is like a musical journey for me. I listen to Division Bell a lot and I like The Wall. I don't think I've heard Final Cut.
A lot of people don't 'get' The Final Cut but to me it's a masterpiece of raw emotion. The lyrics are especially chilling. And the piano and strings are sublime. A deep dark album with moments of pure clarity seldom found on any rock album from the period. Really about the loss of his father and coming to terms with all of that. Not everyone's cup of tea but I never tire of listening to it.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Song from Twister. I like Smile

The electronic digital computer — anyone can do a record nowadays. You don’t have to stay in key — they’ll put you in key.
You don’t really know who can sing or can’t until you see them in person. Then you’re like, ‘Oh my God, what happened"?....Merle Haggard

(22-08-2017, 06:05)Jerome Wrote: A lot of people don't 'get' The Final Cut but to me it's a masterpiece of raw emotion. The lyrics are especially chilling. And the piano and strings are sublime. A deep dark album with moments of pure clarity seldom found on any rock album from the period. Really about the loss of his father and coming to terms with all of that. Not everyone's cup of tea but I never tire of listening to it.

Sounds like an album I might like so I'll check it out.
Colin Masson’s The Mad Monk And The Mountain

This is the final track, which at sixteen minutes or so, doesn’t seem too long at all to me; those who don’t like instrumental proggy things may beg to differ! 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Elton John - Blue Moves - my favourite of his. Some magnificent work on this album.
[Image: 220px-Psycho_Circus.jpg]

KISS -  "psycho circus"  cd,  1998:

KISS'  eighteenth studio set...
first with the original lineup of Simmons, Criss, Stanley and Frehley since 1979...
album also saw them return with their trademark make-up after fifteen or so years...
a stock standard KISS album, Frehley gets a track, Criss gets his usual ballad and the rest
is made up of Simmons/Stanley songs...
some filler on here, as usual its the Paul Stanley songs that are a cut above the others...
my favourite on here though is a Gene Simmons track, almost a ballad of sorts...
average album, some good tracks, some that deserve to be skipped...

from the album the Simmons ballad:

Busy packing and organizing for my trip. Been listening to Oldfield's latest offering 'Return to Ommadawn' for a couple of hours. This album is growing on me. Was up in Dublin a couple of days ago and while driving up this music was in my head all the way. Gets under your skin and it does not go away. Anyway, see you when I get back. Have fun and be good. BTW - project number three is finally coming together - after God knows how many years.............
Camel’s Stationary Traveller. I kinda like that although Andrew Latimer is a guitar guru, he certainly never appears to be particularly pushy or egotistical, and he merely sings on this track (as well as writing the music, of course - oh, and doing the drumulator thing  Rolleyes ) - there is no lead; bass and sax take precedence. 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Am Listening Justin Bieber-What Do You Mean SongsPapa 0 571 27-10-2015, 15:48
Last Post: SongsPapa
  Really? Am I really the only one listening to the new Van Halen disc? gater 2 424 08-02-2012, 18:08
Last Post: jroknbok
  Eartha AOL Listening Party taco42 0 1,088 23-09-2010, 16:09
Last Post: taco42
  Ive been listening to motorhead 0 370 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Currently Listening to... 0 29,485 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: