Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
^^I have that one. 
Isle hands.
Big Grin
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

You are just too much..................

Ruby wins (AGAIN) - Sometimes I think you and I would have been the perfect couple but instead of arguing over the chores we would have ended up discussing album covers. Just think, progressive rock music 24 hours a day, the house in an awful state and the garden overgrown - I ask you what more could a woman want?
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
(28-10-2017, 15:22)Jerome Wrote: I was wondering when someone was going to pull me up on that topic. You win MH. I will post the cover when I figure out how (I'm not kidding either) - you have to remember you're dealing with an internet idiot....

right click your mouse on the image you wish to post, left click on 'copy'...
right click where you want the image to appear then left click on 'paste', and woo hoo its pasted!

anyway,
looked at the cover, it appears there are two different covers for this album, the one you mentioned Jerome and the US cover from the original vinyl from 1987:

[Image: 51-a9Z7zj4L._AC_US218_.jpg]    

[Image: 51bzrjCxR3L._AC_US218_.jpg]
This morning it's Vietnam - their debut album. Bought this some years back. Only listened to it once so I thought I would give it another whirl today.

Update: Just remembered why I have only played it once. It's crap. The war with Vietnam has ended. We won.

Next up. The radio. I've run out of ideas for today so I am just going to listen to whatever the DJ's are going to throw my way today. I forecast a radio flying out of the window some time later this morning. The neighbours have been put on red alert. Time to fire up the synths and do some experimenting while that commercial nonsense fills up the background. I just love rainy Sundays - gets the old grey matter moving. Come to think of it, living in IRE-land, you have to like rainy Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays too otherwise you are in the wrong place.

Oh God, the first track on the radio is some broad doing a very bad version of a very bad U2 song - it's going to be a long day indeed.
Oh Yippee - now it's the news - murder and mayhem are the order of the day. Aren't Sundays just wonderful. Oh well back to the knob-twiddling.
(29-10-2017, 09:39)Jerome Wrote: Oh Yippee - now it's the news - murder and mayhem are the order of the day. Aren't Sundays just wonderful. Oh well back to the knob-twiddling.
makes me miss the old days
all we get is Trump Trump Trump

Over here all we hear is stories of sexual abuse and Brexit. I am sick to death of hearing about these two issues. It's all day every day.
(28-10-2017, 16:23)Jerome Wrote: You are just too much..................

Ruby wins (AGAIN) - Sometimes I think you and I would have been the perfect couple but instead of arguing over the chores we would have ended up discussing album covers. Just think, progressive rock music 24 hours a day, the house in an awful state and the garden overgrown - I ask you what more could a woman want?

Fine wine. Lol!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Genesis – We Can’t Dance. I dunno – some good songs on this but it feels as though there’s an ingredient missing, or not enough contrast, or they're trying too hard, or something. And this track disturbs me – the content - but of course it’s this one that has become the earworm!

Bob Dylan – Desire

[Image: 220px-Bob_Dylan_-_Desire.jpg]
Love the violin throughout this album, courtesy of Scarlet Riviera – just fabulous. A good listen, from the epic “Hurricane” to “One More Cup of Coffee” (an original of which is impossible to find on YT and which he renders so interestingly - great song), to “Oh Sister” with Emmylou, which I DID manage to find, miraculously! 

Going backwards (in terms of his catalogue), next up – The Basement Tapes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Am Listening Justin Bieber-What Do You Mean SongsPapa 0 602 27-10-2015, 15:48
Last Post: SongsPapa
  Really? Am I really the only one listening to the new Van Halen disc? gater 2 450 08-02-2012, 18:08
Last Post: jroknbok
  Eartha AOL Listening Party taco42 0 1,119 23-09-2010, 16:09
Last Post: taco42
  Ive been listening to motorhead 0 413 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Currently Listening to... 0 29,518 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: