Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Golden Earring - Moontan - the high point of their career. Love this album.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
For the first time in a VERY long time the original Aqualung by Jethro Tull - it has not aged one bit. Still sounds as fresh as the day I bought it. Masterful.
Pavlov’s Dog – an annual airing, pretty much. I really enjoy listening to both Pampered Menial and At the Sound of the Bell a couple of times, and then off they go again, relegated to the back of the heap for a while ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Oneness (Silver Dreams ~ Golden Reality) – Devadip Carlos Santana. I like this incarnation of Señor Santana. Not the most consistent of albums, but it doesn’t matter all that much – the good stuff compensates for the lesser moments. It’s going in rock because it doesn’t seem to fit in alternative, it’s not pop, or easy listening and it’s not jazz – maybe jazz rock, if you had to stick on a label.

The title track is very fabulous - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zLSwiWz9Ws, and so is “Guru’s Song”, although they are like chalk and cheese, the latter being a much more modest affair … nice keys too - by drummer, Narada Michael Walden, who is obviously a talented man  Big Grin

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
[Image: 51tnmWgOL2L._AC_US218_.jpg]

TINA TURNER  "all the best" cd 2015

an updated version o her previous solo compilation....
2cds, thirty-three tracks....
most were singles, others either newly recorded or covers....
either way, a classy affair from who I consider to be the greatest female rocker
in the history of rock music...
awesome stuff!!!!!,
now, the tough choice, what track to post????

ok, decided to go for the reggae influenced duet with Mr David Bowie...

from the unopened stack
these 2 Dylan's
I know the second one is out of place
I didn't want to post in another thread
i'm lazy, ok, get off my back already

[Image: 220px-Bob_Dylan_-_Street-Legal.jpg]
and

[Image: 220px-Bob_Dylan_-_Shadows_in_the_Night.jpg]

the first I have on vinyl
never was that good on it
only Senor and No Time to Think work for me
first album I think that he included the black female backing vocals
took a while for that to sink in for me
and it had not for this album

the other album
Bob is off on his standards covers kick
I do think my roller coaster ride is coming to an end
what a long strange trip
Love you Bob

Return to Ommadawn - the more I hear it the more I like it. I was skeptical at first but now I am hooked.
Got tired of hearing endless Christmas songs on the radio this morning so I raided one of the CD racks - out popped Roxy Music's 'Avalon' and Camel's 'A Nod and a Wink'. My neighbours have all gone away for the day so the volume is going up.

Always wondered who did that amazing female vocal on Avalon - turns out it was a Haitian singer, Yanick Etienne, recording in one of the adjoining studios and Phil and Bryan both commented on the fact that she had a superb voice. The rest, as they say, is history. A true classic.
^Avalon is an almost perfect album IMHO. Not a track I don't like. 

Gordon Giltrap – The Peacock Party. It’s a bit of a romp – nice, not too serious – instrumental, and a combination of rock and folk rock with a number of contributors of some standing. No idea why Giltrap has not received more accolades that he appears to have – he’s a really great guitarist.  

My favourite track – “Dodo’s Dream” … 

Strawbs – Burning for You. Not their best album, I will admit - Dave Lambert takes lead vocal on five of the ten tracks and the writing duties are shared too. Lambert’s contributions are far more straight ahead than Cousins’ and they seem to alternate between unabashed rock, uninspired pop and progressive whimsy with the end result being that the whole thing is bit less than cohesive. Nonetheless, there’s still some good stuff – an amazing array of instruments and a lot of sheer hard slog went into putting these guys’ albums together, I should imagine – even a comparatively casual affair! Here are a couple of links …

“Burning for Me” … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YduCxFxe_DM

“I Feel Your Love Coming On” … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4VGKL0uGPc

“Barcarole (For the Death of Venice) … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SbkdJwAXEQ

“Heartbreaker” … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5iaU-yY_fY

“Goodbye” … 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Am Listening Justin Bieber-What Do You Mean SongsPapa 0 742 27-10-2015, 15:48
Last Post: SongsPapa
  Really? Am I really the only one listening to the new Van Halen disc? gater 2 596 08-02-2012, 18:08
Last Post: jroknbok
  Eartha AOL Listening Party taco42 0 1,254 23-09-2010, 16:09
Last Post: taco42
  Ive been listening to motorhead 0 536 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Currently Listening to... 0 29,638 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: