Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring - contains the classic 'I Don't Believe in You'. To be played at maximum volume.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Jethro Tull - Catfish Rising. I've only given this album a cursory listen up to now - not sure why. I quite like it. Not my favourite JT, that would be Heavy Horses, without question. Some oddly Dire Straits sounding moments along with a positively piratical Ian Anderson. Lol! Blush

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
never hard the album Ruby....
but we most certainly agree on Heavy Horses
Rupi's Dance - Ian Anderson solo album named after his moggy. A nice departure from Tull stuff. Some amazing flute playing and some really clever lyrics to boot.
The Band - Northern Lights, Southern Cross. Haven't listened to The Band in a while. Some rich material on this - "Hobo Jungle" doesn't appear to be as popular as the rest of the songs on the album but I like Richard Manuel's sound - I like Levon too, but that goes without saying! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkSKbAyxKDA, and then there's this classic ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
i recently read something somewhere about drummers, could have been the online article about Ringo becoming a Sir and a comment made by someone rang true to me (for the most part)...

"drummers should not be allowed near microphones, except Levon Helm"
You can include Don Henley in that as well.
^^Roger Taylor doesn't fare too badly either, but it's true - they are rare. (That's Queen's RT)
Genesis – Wind and Wuthering. I guess Phil deserves a spot up there^ too!

Tony Banks’ creation – “One for the Vine” …

Tubular Bells II at full volume. Marvellous stuff.

(30-03-2018, 12:51)Ruby Wrote: Jethro Tull - Catfish Rising. I've only given this album a cursory listen up to now - not sure why. I quite like it. Not my favourite JT, that would be Heavy Horses, without question. Some oddly Dire Straits sounding moments along with a positively piratical Ian Anderson. Lol! Blush

Great track!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Am Listening Justin Bieber-What Do You Mean SongsPapa 0 699 27-10-2015, 15:48
Last Post: SongsPapa
  Really? Am I really the only one listening to the new Van Halen disc? gater 2 554 08-02-2012, 18:08
Last Post: jroknbok
  Eartha AOL Listening Party taco42 0 1,213 23-09-2010, 16:09
Last Post: taco42
  Ive been listening to motorhead 0 503 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Currently Listening to... 0 29,603 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: