Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete Insanity
Just read about this nut murdering a group of parishioners while they were attending a church service. He even had the nerve to sit through the service for an hour beforehand. After hearing/reading about this an article comes on the radio saying that some schools in Texas are allowing kids to carry firearms into school??!!?? This is completely insane. What is it with America and guns? They obviously have not learned a thing from all those killings that have taken place over the years. I cannot believe that the politicians in the US just allow this to continue and do nothing about it.

'How many times can a man turn his head
Pretending he just doesn't see'

Bob Dylan
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Hey, great idea Texas! Because children are definitely know for their sound judgement and even-keel demeanor.
"KICK OUT THE JAMS, KICK UP THE SOUL, POUR ANOTHER GLASS OF THAT ROCK AND ROLL, TURN UP THE BAND, FIRE IN THE HOLE, GONNA LOSE CONTROL TONIGHT...WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME, I'M NOT AMERICAS SWEET HEART, BUT YOU LOVE ME ANYWAY!" - Elle King "America's Sweetheart"
http://www.needleinaplaystack.com
The U.S. Constitution's 2nd Amendment guarantees the right to bear arms to all citizens not convicted of felonies or of being proven psychopaths *. What 2nd Amendment zealots conveniently forget/ignore is the phrasing about being in a militia or making yourself subject to being called. These days that means the National Guard, thus if you are not in one or willing to heed the call, your "rights" should be limited.
About that Charleston massacre: can you imagine a Muslim doing the same thing? Yet this is not called a "terrorist event"--such hypocrisy. To get some perspective, here's a NYTimes article 2 days later.: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/19/us/cha...oting.html << this gives you the gist. I grieve for those folks and my country.

* If it's not proven or you are merely a sociopath, you get a free ride.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
jazzboCR Wrote:Can you imagine a Muslim doing the same thing? Yet this is not called a "terrorist event"--such hypocrisy.

Oh man, I can only imagine what would happen if this kid were Muslim. Shoot, he wouldn't even have to literally be Muslim...just resemble one.

On a side note, I know the Christian thing to do would be to accept him into the circle and all, but if some "kid" (and I mean kid because no "man" would do something so terrible) sat down at my bible study and was completely silent for awhile and then started arguing with everything that was being said, I would start to think, "Something's not quite right here." And the second he pulled the gun, I hope I would have gone 9/11 over a Pennsylvania field on that little boy and taken him down/out. 5'9" and 120 lb...I weigh more than that. But then again hindsight is 20/20.

You know what's next though...Obama will reopen the discussion on gun control...the NRA will shout from the roof tops "THEY WANT TO TAKE ALL OUR GUNS. THEY ARE AGAINST THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!!!"...Social media sites will breakout into gazillions of rants from hunters and gun collectors freaking out that Obama is taking all the guns away...and, in the end, nothing will happen.

Sometimes I think (and I know this is extreme, but bear with the thought for 1 second). What if they pass a new law stating that any gun involved in a shooting of any kind, the owner of that gun is charged as an accomplice to murder or attempted murder (unless the gun is reported stolen before the attempt is made). Would that get people to pay a little more attention to their firearms and the people they allow near them. Have all the guns you want, do what you will, but you are now responsible for them. Just a thought I have sometimes. I know this was the kid's gun but, maybe background checks need to be a little better too.

On background checks TRUE STORY -> = My mom thought it would be great to get my dad a gun for Christmas. So my mom walks into a local store that sells guns and picks one out. She has to fill out this form and the questions are to the effect of "Are you purchasing this gun for yourself?" (she checks NO). "Have you taken any gun training/safety classes?" (NO.) "Do you know (or have) the proper ways to store this gun" (NO.) And who walks out of the store with the gun (after the mandatory wait period, of course)...MY MOM, with a gun, that she doesn't know how to use, or store, but it's ok, cause she bought it for someone else anyways.
"KICK OUT THE JAMS, KICK UP THE SOUL, POUR ANOTHER GLASS OF THAT ROCK AND ROLL, TURN UP THE BAND, FIRE IN THE HOLE, GONNA LOSE CONTROL TONIGHT...WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME, I'M NOT AMERICAS SWEET HEART, BUT YOU LOVE ME ANYWAY!" - Elle King "America's Sweetheart"
http://www.needleinaplaystack.com
What's especially scary are the numbers and percentages of domestic homicides with legally purchased firearms. How about back to music before this becomes irretrievably political? My plea.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
I agree - can one of the admin's axe this thread please.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please Complete This Short List s-system 4 848 05-08-2009, 03:47
Last Post: Beach