Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new project
OK part one complete and up on the same page. Spent most of today working on part 2 and I am almost done. Part 3 is going to be a different story. There are various other bits and sections done but I think I will release them in the order they are intended to be heard. Hopefully it will make for a better listening experience.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
For what it's worth I have listened to the piece and this is my opinion.
It is more Tangerine Dream that Jarre, but I think you are cramming too many ideas into too short a space.
You seem to be in a hurry, listen to Phaedra and then re-listen to your piece and I suggest you might have enough ideas for a whole album, you just need the 'spaces' in between.
Tell me to mind my own business if you want, but maybe something of what I've said may give you food for thought.
Heko Wrote:For what it's worth I have listened to the piece and this is my opinion.
It is more Tangerine Dream that Jarre, but I think you are cramming too many ideas into too short a space.
You seem to be in a hurry, listen to Phaedra and then re-listen to your piece and I suggest you might have enough ideas for a whole album, you just need the 'spaces' in between.
Tell me to mind my own business if you want, but maybe something of what I've said may give you food for thought.

No problem - everyone's input is valid. Incidentally there are more sparse pieces to come later on - this is just the opening sequence. And I am not offended in any way. In fact it helps if people say what they really think as opposed to saying what they think the other person wants to hear. I have had a couple of responses from a small group of people and every single one has a different opinion. So the lesson is that we all hear things differently. That's life.
I am also familiar with TD and have most of their albums - the one thing I always found is that they went on a bit too long at times so maybe that's why I change tack quite frequently. Keeps me interested. But your comments are all valid and it will give me food for thought. Can't promise that it will change my mind but I will think about it.
Heko - had a think about what you said but as a way of explanation listen to Jean Michel Jarre's Equinoxe - Part One - a lot was crammed into that opening sequence. Very busy indeed. And on a much more subtle note, people seem to have very short attention spans these days - a result, I believe, of the constant bombardment of media from all sources radio, TV, WWW, mobile phones, iPads and whatever else is available these days.
Try Vangelis - The City, he has the balance just right.
I have The City - and I can't say it's my favourite. That would be his compilation CD 'Reprise'.
Part one and two now welded together - probably still needs some EQ treatment but the basic idea is there. http://auralscapes.com/page10.htm
lots of interesting sounds happening on that track J-Man....

you really do need to finish that project because im sure theres a niche that you should fit into to sell that stuff.
I know it's not really your thing but thx for taking the time CH. And I have every intention of finishing it. Just have to find the time. There's this bloody thing called work which keeps getting in the way.....
When I was about seven minutes in, Dani oricked up her ears and said "is that new JMJ?"...

So you can take that as a compliment Jerome...
a big compliment I suppose.

Come on Ruby, SteveO, MH and everyone else...give Jerome's material a whirl.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm working on a project, please opinions and reviews - "Summer on you" ET MUSIX 2 431 11-11-2016, 17:42
Last Post: ET MUSIX
  The Twisted Project - Over The Bridge The Twisted Project 2 771 06-04-2014, 20:32
Last Post: The Twisted Project
  The Twisted Project - Bow Down The Twisted Project 0 456 02-04-2014, 21:04
  The Twisted Project - Under Continuous Fire The Twisted Project 2 590 23-03-2014, 19:32
  The EDM Project theEDMproject 3 1,047 08-08-2012, 02:15
Last Post: suzy7