Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new project
good stuff Jerome...

I think its great that this guy Jackson, does not need to do any work outside of Pink Floyd/Gilmour but still does, just shows
he is dedicated to work and not so far up his own behind to work for the unknown little muso.....

I noticed his resume/CV also contains producing one of my favourite songs on all time in I Don't Like Mondays.
A very level-headed guy is Mr Jackson. A pleasure to work with TBH. Funny that you should mention 'dedicated'. He made mention of the fact that he really enjoys what he does and it shows - listen to any of the Floyd projects that he has been involved with. A class act. He has the luxury of being able to pick and choose what he does so I was quite surprised that he agreed to do my little experiment. I have also ordered his '73 Days at Sea' & 'Signal to Noise' albums. Looking forward to hearing those two.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Andy's site: http://tubemastering.com/

Worth reading some of his comments about the loudness race etc.
his comments on "loud" are very similar to something Neil Young said a few years ago, im not saying NY beat him to the punch or realisation of the consequences of "loud" but he figured it out also...

his rates seem quite reasonable, I mean he could probably treble his price with his CV behind him...
that just means to me he is "all about the music"...

sounds like a top notch bloke.
Very much so. I remember NY says something similar some time ago. Mastering cost me around 600 GBP, including physical copies of the material and his own albums as well. Very reasonable rates indeed. There are mastering houses that will charge a lot less but you just know they are just feeding your material through a standard 'one size fits all formula'. You get what you pay for! And his 24 bit files have a lovely sheen to them. I did not think it would make that big a difference but it does and it is noticeable. Well worth every penny.
and at the end of the day when the customer is satisfied....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm working on a project, please opinions and reviews - "Summer on you" ET MUSIX 2 592 11-11-2016, 17:42
Last Post: ET MUSIX
  The Twisted Project - Over The Bridge The Twisted Project 2 928 06-04-2014, 20:32
Last Post: The Twisted Project
  The Twisted Project - Bow Down The Twisted Project 0 599 02-04-2014, 21:04
  The Twisted Project - Under Continuous Fire The Twisted Project 2 754 23-03-2014, 19:32
  The EDM Project theEDMproject 3 1,209 08-08-2012, 02:15
Last Post: suzy7