What Are You Listening To?
Music Head Wrote:from the cd room

[Image: Hellbilly_Deluxe.jpg]

debut album
reached #5 here
my Manson side

fav

[video=youtube;EqQuihD0hoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqQuihD0hoI[/video]

Ghastly. The name, the video and the music, not sure which is worse.
bob_32_116 Wrote:Ghastly. The name, the video and the music, not sure which is worse.
It's just shock value.
No one is born hating another person because of his skin color, his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate. ~Nelson Mandela
Oceansoul Wrote:It's just shock value.
That sort of stuff might have shocked people inthe early 1970's, which I believe was when I think the fad started for songs about blood and murder and Satanism. Forty years on, I think the whole thing has become a bit passe.
bob_32_116 Wrote:That sort of stuff might have shocked people inthe early 1970's, which I believe was when I think the fad started for songs about blood and murder and Satanism. Forty years on, I think the whole thing has become a bit passe.
Yeah, now the schtick has gotten rather old. It use to be much more effective at getting a rise out of people. Back in the 70's and 80's, there was a Satanic panic here. Rob Zombie started making music in the 80's.
No one is born hating another person because of his skin color, his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate. ~Nelson Mandela
Oceansoul Wrote:Yeah, now the schtick has gotten rather old. It use to be much more effective at getting a rise out of people. Back in the 70's and 80's, there was a Satanic panic here. Rob Zombie started making music in the 80's.

Alice Cooper, who I never used to like but who I gained a bit of respect for later on, has (or had) a syndicated radio program that I used to often enjoy. I recall him once briefly mentioning Marilyn Manson. It was pretty obvious that he regarded Manson as basically a copycat of himself, right down to the gimmick of a male adopting what's normally a female name.
bob_32_116 Wrote:Alice Cooper, who I never used to like but who I gained a bit of respect for later on, has (or had) a syndicated radio program that I used to often enjoy. I recall him once briefly mentioning Marilyn Manson. It was pretty obvious that he regarded Manson as basically a copycat of himself, right down to the gimmick of a male adopting what's normally a female name.
Heh, I like Manson, but yeah he definitely took obvious inspiration from Alice Cooper.
Right now I'm checking out an album called Skadi by the band, The Flight of Sleipnir. Interesting stuff.
from the cd room

[Image: Rob_Zombie_American_Made_Music_to_Strip_By_1.jpg]

got suckered on this one
thought it was new material
it is remixes of all tracks from the Hellbilly Deluxe album
it sucks
if you want it, here it is, come and get it

I'm listening to Melechesh - Of Mercury and Mercury. It's some awesome Sumerian themed black metal, like some of what Absu has done.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aI3l8j6vvec
Listening to The Clash

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ive been listening to motorhead JimClark 4 1,727 25-11-2008, 18:25
Last Post: Tiggi