Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
Some new music from the 'inspiration not imitation' or 'influence not impersonation' vein; The Necromancers** seem to have emerged directly from metal's primordial soup with the likes of Sabbath and Heap; had they been around in '70, their DNA would be found in nearly every child of the genre today.

**Dreadful name, but this is area has always been problematic for metal and hard rock bands who often seem inclined toward monickers that mirror the intrigues of a pubescent male mind.
[Image: 220px-Marilyn_Manson_-_The_High_End_of_Low.png]

MARILYN MANSON  "the high end of low"  cd,, 2005

the band's seventh....
criticised by the music media and fans alike and sales tanked here....
not as metal sounding as most of their other material, more alt-rock IMO...
songs have a personal touch to them, mainly being about Marilyn's divorce at that time...
nothing really great on this one, but for me theres also no filler, just as consistant album...
a very good album IMO

from the album, my favourite track:

[Image: 220px-Aclove.jpg]

ALICE COOPER  "love it to death"  cd,  1971
the band's third...
their sound is a more rock sound here, none of the psychedelic stuff that pops up on the previous two albums,
but I guess it is the nineteen-seventies by this time....
average album for me, I guess one of his early classics "im eighteen" is on it...
surprise for me was the cover of an old Rolf Harris tune from the early 1960s called "sun arise"...where the heck did
they get this one from because it wasn't even released in the US back in the day..strange...!
so, average album, with a couple of very good tracks in the mix:

[Image: 61GF00V6D5L._AC_US218_.jpg]

AEROSMITH  "the universal masters collection"  cd,  2000:

eighteen track compilation covering the late 1980s and 1990s...
thirty plus years into their career and they are/were still putting out solid material...
the big hits had gone at this time but their singles were still as good as ever...
not sure why the experts call them "hard rock" because to me theyre more "glam rock"..
either way, whatever you call them, theyre a bloody solid band....
I was never into them much back in the day, was more a Bon Jovi fan, but this set encourages me
to seek out more material, especially the period leading up to this compilation...

I could have picked any of the tracks on this one to post but I chose one of the rock ballads...
a question:
why do these hard rock bands always make such good rock ballads????

[Image: 220px-Hellbilly_Deluxe.jpg]

ROB ZOMBIE  "hillbilly deluxe"  cd,  1998:

his debut as a solo artist....
I own two, this one and the most recent from a couple of years ago....
love this one...
sounds similar to Marilyn Manson to me...
superb album
^^
yes
great album from this narrow genre
Manson/Ministry for me

my favourite:

Being an Indian, I find local music quite amazing.
Right Now I am listening to BOM Diggy Diggy

[Image: Bom-Diggy-Diggy.jpg]

Even though, its an Indian Song. More than 50% of the lyrics are English, and they are awesome.
Music is also very good.

Here is the Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIIGQB6EMAM
Music I Like - Indian Music | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Michael Jackson | Lata Mangeshkar | Kishor Kumar | Arijit Singh
My All Time Favorites - The Show (by Lenka) | Love Story (TSwift) | Pearl, Firework (KPerry)
that may be so, bit this is not the "what are you listening to" POP thread, this is the "what are you listening to" ROCK/METAL thread
Oh Apologies. I wasn't listening to it. But THE FINAL COUNTDOWN by Europa is my favorite Rock/Metal song of all time.

P.s. I started listening to it right now!
Music I Like - Indian Music | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Michael Jackson | Lata Mangeshkar | Kishor Kumar | Arijit Singh
My All Time Favorites - The Show (by Lenka) | Love Story (TSwift) | Pearl, Firework (KPerry)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ive been listening to motorhead JimClark 4 1,923 25-11-2008, 18:25
Last Post: Tiggi