Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Talk
Monaco just upset Arsenal 3-1 in London in the first round of the UEFA Champions League!!!!
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
SteveO Wrote:Monaco just upset Arsenal 3-1 in London in the first round of the UEFA Champions League!!!!

im an Arsenal fan SteveO and....
yeah its a surprise upset in a couple of respects...
1.playing in London
2.Monoco are not generally in the same league as Arsenal

but.....
Arsenal have had a real topsy-turvy season so far,
theyve showed moments of brilliance with the ball and their scoring ability
but overall, theyve played below par IMO...
theyve also probably had their worst fourteen/fifteen years ever(trophy winning), with only one FA Cup added to their cabinet,and that was last year.

they do, however, have an opportunity to win the FA Cup again this year if things go their way...
all the big name teams have been knocked out so far except Arsenal and Manchester United...
unfortunately those two teams play eachother in the next round, so one big name team will remain...
that doesnt mean who ever wins that will go on to lift the coverted trophy later in the season because strange things happen
in the FA Cup with 'minnow' teams always surprising and upsetting the big multi million dollar/pound/euro teams!
Kentucky 28-0

after an 18 point win over Mississippi St.

Chelsea are in the League Cup Final however lost to Bradford City in the FA Cup playoffs. They also only have a five point lead over Man City in the Premier league at the top. I have been a Chelsea fan since 1966 long before they started winning championships! As for your Gunners, when was the last time they were relegated? Maybe never!!!!
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:im an Arsenal fan SteveO and....
yeah its a surprise upset in a couple of respects...
1.playing in London
2.Monoco are not generally in the same league as Arsenal

but.....
Arsenal have had a real topsy-turvy season so far,
theyve showed moments of brilliance with the ball and their scoring ability
but overall, theyve played below par IMO...
theyve also probably had their worst fourteen/fifteen years ever(trophy winning), with only one FA Cup added to their cabinet,and that was last year.

they do, however, have an opportunity to win the FA Cup again this year if things go their way...
all the big name teams have been knocked out so far except Arsenal and Manchester United...
unfortunately those two teams play eachother in the next round, so one big name team will remain...
that doesnt mean who ever wins that will go on to lift the coverted trophy later in the season because strange things happen
in the FA Cup with 'minnow' teams always surprising and upsetting the big multi million dollar/pound/euro teams!
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
i cant be certain, but i'd suggest that theyve never been out of the UK's "top flight" league....
Music Head Wrote:Kentucky 28-0

after an 18 point win over Mississippi St.

28-0 is an awesome achievement in any form of sport, be it a local club team through to a proffessional outfit...

can they go through unbeaten MH????
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:28-0 is an awesome achievement in any form of sport, be it a local club team through to a proffessional outfit...

can they go through unbeaten MH????
yes it is quite an achievement
only 3 games left in the regular season
those shouldn't be a problem
then the conference tournament in which all teams they have previously beat
but then it's the big dance, NCAA tournament
there they will face the serious competition
no other unbeaten teams but some have faced some much stiffer opponents
going all the way? I wouldn't bet on it
but then I never would have guessed 28-0 either

also
Kentucky is in the SEC (Southeastern Conference)
a very week conference this year
they had a few close games this year but most have been breezes
the real tests are yet to come, against teams that they haven't played
watch out for Wisconsin, Virginia, Kansas

Kentucky 29-0

after a 17 point win over Arkansas

and Arkansas are pretty good...22-7!

- JOHN LENNON
SteveO Wrote:and Arkansas are pretty good...22-7!
yep
Georgia might be a good test for us going into the Tournament
2 games left for an unbeaten regular season