Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris
Seeing as Paris has been hit twice this year by complete utter lunatics who have no regard for human life and seem hell bent on destroying everything - including themselves (just goes to show how fucked up people can be) I decided to post this link to one of the most most riveting concerts I have ever seen. A celebration of Paris and all the good things that happen there. A fantastic city that I have visited a number of times. It has a unique appeal for me. There is something about this city that just captivates me. As far as the video goes I have seen many concerts, both in person and on DVD, and this is one of the absolute best. This is a band at their absolute peak. Incidentally, one of their first gigs was at the Bataclan Theatre where their own manager bought tickets to try and fill the venue when they were trying to break into the market in the early days. Thank God someone decided to film this particular concert. There are no gimmicks on this tour - just an incredibly hard-working band who proved the critics wrong. 10/10!

https://youtu.be/kxDYMBV4mKw
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Speaking of Paris, or France in general.

Only ever spent two days there,back in the mid 1980s...
I was surprised how clean the city centre was, no litter, no dirt, they really took pride
in keeping everything clean, unlike a lot of other Euro cities including London..
Only thing I don't like about Paris is the Aweful Tower(pun), best view of Paris IMO is from its viewing deck, that way
I didn't have to see it!

I'll check out your link Jerome when I fire up the laptop as I hate trying to look at clips on my phone.
I played the Supertramp gig from Paris Jerome....
mostly in the background but occasionally expanding the page to watch bits of it also....
im not really a fan of their music but it sounded pretty darn good to me for a live concert(as in, they can replicate their studio recordings on to the stage...)
I may have to revisit them after this and seek out a studio set or two...thanks!
Try their 'Crime of the Century' album. It is considered their artistic zenith. Breakfast in America is a more commercial effort and their biggest seller to date.
Thanks Jerome
Its on the 'to purchase' list.
I had the privilege of seeing Supertramp three times in a span of only two and a half years! Rumour had it that a member of the band had a flame here in Halifax! The Paris live album has to be right up there with one of my favourites....the sound is very good!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Supertramp ended their concerts with the song Crime of the Century. The backdrop was a picture of the album cover in motion!
Jerome Wrote:Try their 'Crime of the Century' album. It is considered their artistic zenith. Breakfast in America is a more commercial effort and their biggest seller to date.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
SteveO Wrote:I had the privilege of seeing Supertramp three times in a span of only two and a half years! Rumour had it that a member of the band had a flame here in Halifax! The Paris live album has to be right up there with one of my favourites....the sound is very good!

So it was Breakfast in America and Supper in Halifax..............
(17-11-2015, 21:11)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: Speaking of Paris, or France in general.

Only ever spent two days there,back in the mid 1980s...
I was surprised how clean the city centre was, no litter, no dirt, they really took pride
in keeping everything clean, unlike a lot of other Euro cities including London..
Only thing I don't like about Paris is the Aweful Tower(pun), best view of Paris IMO is from its viewing deck, that way
I didn't have to see it!

I'll check out your link Jerome when I fire up the laptop as I hate trying to look at clips on my phone.

The outskirts of Paris are an absolute shithole. Vast slums that surround the city. But the centre is fantastic. As for London, you can keep it. Been there about 7 times, mostly for business or just passing through to some other destination. Don't like it at all. I avoid it like the plague. Overpriced and overrated. Just like Dublin, which is even worse. Don't know how people can live in that place. It's filthy. I have never been to your part of the world CH but it looks good. I believe the Blue Mountains are a sight to see.
LOL...
ive never been to The Blue Mountains, never spent enough time in New South Wales to go there and I hate the State capitol Sydney with a passion, too hustle and bustle for my tastes.