Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When I grow up I want to play???
This is one of those hypothetical threads.

Given the chance, with lots of time, money and expert teaching. What musical instrument would you love to play the most, and which artist would you aspire to be?

As many of you know, I used to play the Double Bass, but I was no Edgar Meyer (Brilliant Country Musician).
With Regards...

Anthony :coffee:
piano

Jerry Lee Lewis

I play the guitar now, but I would love to be better at it.

I wish I was John Petrucci. Sure, he's got the speed while plugged in, but his acoustic parts are beautiful [case-in-point: The Count Of Tuscany's lengthy intro], something few other speedy-quick dudes can claim.
I would love to play a hodgepodge of instruments, but I suppose my love boils down to stringed instruments. I play the violin some, but I would love to learn cello, viola or bango.

Although more than anything, I would just love to have a knack for composition instead of just parroting sheet music. =/
I'd like to play piano competently (or better), oboe (cor anglais, bassoon), double bass (no, seriously!), tin whistle, piccolo (better), and harp. [/wishful thinking]

Oh and the viola. :biggrin1:
Parthenia Wrote:I'd like to play piano competently (or better), oboe (cor anglais, bassoon), double bass (no, seriously!), tin whistle, piccolo (better), and harp. [/wishful thinking]

Oh and the viola. :biggrin1:

Wow that is quite an ambition. I wish you luck on that. :wink:
With Regards...

ambernector Wrote:This is one of those hypothetical threads.

Given the chance, with lots of time, money and expert teaching. What musical instrument would you love to play the most, and which artist would you aspire to be?

As many of you know, I used to play the Double Bass, but I was no Edgar Meyer (Brilliant Country Musician).

I would like to be JS Bach playng St Marks organ.

Very easy to achieve btw
:eek:
Daniel Eboli Wrote:I would like to be JS Bach playng St Marks organ.

Very easy to achieve btw
:eek:

I did have some lessons on the piano during my school days. However, personally I could not grasp the concept to control my hands to press different notes. I knew from an early age I would never be a Stevie Wonder hit. :happy:
With Regards...

I want to play the Electric Guitar Smile
ambernector Wrote:I did have some lessons on the piano during my school days. However, personally I could not grasp the concept to control my hands to press different notes. I knew from an early age I would never be a Stevie Wonder hit. :happy:
lol
I took piano lessons, guitar lessons, drum lessons.
I sucked at all of them.
I do play the headphones real well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Do You Play? Nick Dilley 28 9,205 05-02-2020, 08:20
Last Post: Subtle Q
  Here's Me Trying to Play and Record a Song While Drunk Fuzz 0 1,211 26-08-2016, 07:04
Last Post: Fuzz
  First song you learnt to play? dominic_john 46 11,425 01-04-2013, 10:07
Last Post: rkumarveomit
  What do you play? ambernector 62 19,645 15-03-2011, 21:41
Last Post: Road-Warrior