Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i nominate-the drifters
clyde mcphatter-ben e.king-johnny moore-bill pinkney-charlie thomas-rudy lewis-david baugh-gerhard thrasher-johnnie lee wiliams-bobby hendricks[whew]what a lineup,yes all these great singers were once members of one of the most legendary groups of alltime-the drifters. from[1953-money honey]to[1973[like sister and brother]these sterling gentlemen of song gave the music loving public a setting seldom heard from any group...lucille-gone-such a night-bip bam-let the boogie woogie roll-fools fall in love-gone-ruby baby-there was a tear-steamboat-sadie my lady-white christmas-drip drop-there goes my baby-true love true love-save the last dance for me-i count the tears-he's just a playboy-on broadway-under the boardwalk-sand in my shoes-saturday night at the movies-ain't it the truth...see why i get excited? this group should be in everyone's music hall of fame!!
oldies65 Wrote:clyde mcphatter-ben e.king-johnny moore-bill pinkney-charlie thomas-rudy lewis-david baugh-gerhard thrasher-johnnie lee wiliams-bobby hendricks[whew]what a lineup,yes all these great singers were once members of one of the most legendary groups of alltime-the drifters. from[1953-money honey]to[1973[like sister and brother]these sterling gentlemen of song gave the music loving public a setting seldom heard from any group...lucille-gone-such a night-bip bam-let the boogie woogie roll-fools fall in love-gone-ruby baby-there was a tear-steamboat-sadie my lady-white christmas-drip drop-there goes my baby-true love true love-save the last dance for me-i count the tears-he's just a playboy-on broadway-under the boardwalk-sand in my shoes-saturday night at the movies-ain't it the truth...see why i get excited? this group should be in everyone's music hall of fame!!

That they should recruit not 1 but 2 lead singers that went on to to have such sterling careers tells you all you need to know about the Drifters. Me anyway...
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Is that a declaration for a YES vote Jazzy?
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
SteveO Wrote:Is that a declaration for a YES vote Jazzy?

I should have been more clear. It is a YES vote.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
Thanks man! That's two votes for The Drifters! Anyone else?
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
YES for me....
Can I still put my vote in for the Drifters? If so, then it's a yes from me.
No one is born hating another person because of his skin color, his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate. ~Nelson Mandela
Yes you can Ocean,
The votes still get added up and the more votes an artist gets, the higher
up the list he/she/they get in the MD HoF
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:Yes you can Ocean,
The votes still get added up and the more votes an artist gets, the higher
up the list he/she/they get in the MD HoF

Cool, just checking.
No one is born hating another person because of his skin color, his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate. ~Nelson Mandela