Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Ruby and Jerome....
ok,
Ruby, you still live in SA...
Jerome, you don't but obviously still have contacts/family there....

what is/was the general feel of people regarding the Oscar Pistorious saga....????
I’d say that on the overwhelming whole, the general feeling is outrage that high profile offenders with big bank balances, who can afford to hire a stellar legal team to spin their complex and tangled webs, are far more likely to get away with murder. Ok, so he was convicted of murder but the sentence hardly bears that out and he'll probably end up serving just two of the six years. Not a privilege granted to many felons.

It's been a nasty, shocking business and I think people are just glad it's over. That sentencing will be under scrutiny for some time, I should think ...
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
I have not really been following this one CH. A lot of Irish people have asked me about this and are amazed when I comment that I have not been following it. But to your point, it's the same everywhere. As Ruby says - if you have the money to hire the right liars you get away with murder. There was a case recently in Ireland where a guy had 151 previous convictions, killed 2 cops with a stolen car, with no licence or insurance while under the influence of coke and booze. All he got was a slap on the wrist. The Irish legal system is a complete circus. The judges won't stand up to the criminals at all.

They even have the laughable situation here where criminals can be let out for Xmas??!!??
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
thanks for your responses guys....

the Law is an ass everywhere by the sounds of it.....

never heard of the getting out or Xmas crap though...only in Ireland!
Reminds me of the phony not guilty verdict for OJ...sickening really all around especially when I think of all the wrongly convicted innocent people who were railroaded into prison for a crime they didn't commit and serve ten to twenty years before new evidence emerges. They get out of jail with their life in shambles. They get a pittance of cash for retribution...sadly some commit suicide in the end.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Not to mention those who were executed for doing nothing at all. I was pro death penalty until I read Norman Mailer's 'The Executioner's Song'. A harrowing tale. I am not opposed to chain gangs though. If someone commits a crime he has to pay back. Sitting in a cell with a colour TV is not the answer. They must be put to work. After all, the rest of us have to do that everyday.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
North Korea use families in labour camps...generation after generation!!!!! Horrible and disgusting!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Miss Jerome Music Head 2 365 21-03-2019, 07:00
Last Post: Jerome
  Stay Safe and Keep Well Jerome.. CRAZY-HORSE 0 349 12-02-2019, 01:33
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Ruby & Jerome... CRAZY-HORSE 4 1,280 05-02-2019, 16:54
Last Post: SteveO
  Ruby: CRAZY-HORSE 4 860 28-01-2018, 02:10
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Jerome.... CRAZY-HORSE 7 1,414 26-12-2016, 17:13
Last Post: Jerome