Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astonishing musical facts
Hoping this might be the first in a run of interesting and useful (or not) musical trivia. Feel free to post your own astonishing fact.

----------------------------------------

Trivium no. 1:

Early in their career, the Hollies recorded the single "After the Fox", written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David, from the movie of the same name. It featured - wait for it -
- Peter Sellers on vocals;
- Jack Bruce on electric bass, and
- Burt Bacharach himself on keyboards.

Talk about strange bedfellows!
Never has a group name fit better than[The Drifters]after Clyde McPhatter left, he was followed by-David Baugh, Johnny Moore, Rudy Lewis, BenE.King , Johnnie Lee Williams,Bobby Hendricks, Charlie Thomas...just driftin through!!!
Keith Richards is still alive.
"Sh-boom was the last great song ever written." ~ My Mom
All four future members of 10cc performed on the bubblegum hit "Sausalito" by the fictitious group The Ohio Express.
^^
yummy yummy yummy

Not exactly astonishing, but cute, I think. Baroque composer Domenico Scarlatti got the inspiration for his “Cat’s Fugue” or “La Fuga del Gatto”, from his cat, Pulcinella, who used to wander across his keyboard from time to time. (Mine occasionally manages a few minor pieces of his own – usually at an ungodly hour when the lid’s been left open, lol!)

Scarlatti wrote down a phrase following one of Pulcinella’s keyboard excursions, and the main motif for the fugue was born.

Here it is, played on the harpsichord with a rather nice accompanying graphic …

[video=youtube;q4x86sE8ygg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4x86sE8ygg[/video]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

My cat cries to go out - normally about 10 minutes after I have fallen asleep. Then at around 4 or 5 in the morning it jumps up and manages to ring the door bell every so often. I really would like one night's unbroken sleep!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
^Yes …. cats often seem to be the owners of willing, if exhausted slaves!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Ruby Wrote:Not exactly astonishing, but cute, I think. Baroque composer Domenico Scarlatti got the inspiration for his “Cat’s Fugue” or “La Fuga del Gatto”, from his cat, Pulcinella, who used to wander across his keyboard from time to time. (Mine occasionally manages a few minor pieces of his own – usually at an ungodly hour when the lid’s been left open, lol!)

Scarlatti wrote down a phrase following one of Pulcinella’s keyboard excursions, and the main motif for the fugue was born.

Here it is, played on the harpsichord with a rather nice accompanying graphic …
I presume you've seen the "Catcerto"?

This is hilarious. Apparently they actually wrote a whole orchestral score to accompany what the cat was playing.

[video=youtube;zeoT66v4EHg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeoT66v4EHg[/video]
^Lol!! No - I hadn't seen it. Very clever!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music Your Musical Quote of the Day Ruby 74 1,672 Yesterday, 21:41
Last Post: Ruby
  A musical riddle bob_32_116 2 236 20-12-2016, 07:50
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Meat Loaf on turning Bat Out Of Hell into a musical CRAZY-HORSE 2 408 05-11-2016, 02:55
  What is you favorite Musical? Mikecowell 9 613 05-10-2016, 22:40
  Molin's musical marble machine artsy 0 234 21-05-2016, 13:34
Last Post: artsy
  Musical Gold JimmyNeutron 9 2,571 29-07-2015, 02:30
Last Post: TheNeedleDrops
  What do think about musical promotion? Ralph N. Norton 0 329 30-01-2015, 06:43
Last Post: Ralph N. Norton
  Musical Degrees JimmyNeutron 2 360 27-07-2014, 05:16
Last Post: JimmyNeutron
  Nun shocks the musical world Amurcomusic 1 864 13-05-2014, 12:52
Last Post: SteveO
  I have specific musical anhedonia ledoyendumidi 2 687 24-04-2014, 15:50
Last Post: SteveO