Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Did You Buy?
(26-07-2018, 09:55)Ruby Wrote: Happy Happy to you CH!

Your day is probably almost over but I hope it was a good one and that you see very many more!!

thanks Ruby...
if I don't live a few more years I fear the music industry will collapse with the amount of cds I get LMAO!

two more giftcard purchases toady:

[Image: 61iG6z1t0dL._AC_US218_.jpg]

UNDERWORLD/ IGGY POP "teatime dub encounters" "ep"
I normally don't buy 'eps'/singles anymore but I thought this was a worthy selection

[Image: 61BewYURgsL._AC_US218_.jpg]

I noticed last week that I hadn't bought the vinyl of this one, making it the only Weller solo
I didn't own in factory wrapped plastic so I bought it to keep the collection complete...
Sorry I missed your BDAY notification. Hope you had a good time. Many Happy Returns Mad Man!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
all good, thanks J-Man
final two purchases from Birthday Gift Cards:

[Image: 31IlY5yFknL._AC_US218_.jpg]

KASABIAN "48:13"
the last album of theirs I didn't own and thought I should complete the collection

[Image: 220px-Ian_Hunter_album_cover.jpg]

IAN HUNTER "ian hunter"
love Mott The Hoople, and MH told me years ago I should own this solo effort of his
so now I have it(well, ordered it, not in my possession yet!)
STILL waiting for my Kayak CD. Been over four weeks now, maybe more. 27 Euros is pretty pricey for a CD that hasn't turned up yet! I'm not playing anymore.
(20-08-2018, 11:45)Jerome Wrote: STILL waiting for my Kayak CD. Been over four weeks now, maybe more. 27 Euros is pretty pricey for a CD that hasn't turned up yet! I'm not playing anymore.
i guess I missed something 
playing what?

Playing the fool. I've been duped. Not a happy camper.
(20-08-2018, 11:59)Jerome Wrote: Playing the fool. I've been duped. Not a happy camper.

heres one for you Jerome...

I purchased four cds via a worldwide online company (name similar to a South American river) on my birthday with my gift card...
they guaranteed 8-12 days delivery to Australia with "free postage"...
three days ago I received my package, unfortunately when I opened it, it contained two cds, none of which were mine...
there was a docket inside, should have been delivered to someone elsein Eastern Australia some 3500 miles away...
I immediately sent an email to the company concerned and advised them that not only has it been three weeks since my order
but  I received someone elses order, I told them I was more than happy to reseal the package and forward the cds on to the
rightful owner...
the reply I got basically said, "we have re sent another batch of cds to you, you can dispose of the two you received mistakenly
anyway you choose"
needless to say, I have kept them..

so the story is, all up there are six cds that didn't get to their rightful owners, plus free postage from the US, then they re sent 
my cds, and probably did the same for the other guy at no cost..

footnote,
the same day I received the reply from the company my cds arrived in the mail, so I can assume another batch will arrive in the next two to three weeks...

they probably made a loss on those two sales...idiots!
Just as a matter of interest, what were the other 2 CD's?
(20-08-2018, 12:15)Jerome Wrote: Just as a matter of interest, what were the other 2 CD's?

both by a band a vaguely remember from the early 1980s...DATA, an electronic-pop band if memory serves me