Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Did You Buy?
Vinyl fair acquisitions – budget duly blown and more items to move. Sometimes I wonder ...  Rolleyes

So weird - the first record that shouted at me was right at the front of a box, in excellent condition, and for the ridiculously low price of ZAR50! Not an import, granted, but I’m sure it will sound just fine - Kayak’s Merlin … never see this band’s stuff lying around …

[Image: 220px-Kayak_Merlin1981.jpg]

Followed by another happy find – Dave Cousins’ Two Weeks Last Summer – “Blue Angel” is such a gorgeous track …

[Image: 220px-Cousins_two_weeks_last_summer.jpg]

Never seen this Jon Lord album before either – Before I Forget … German pressing

[Image: R-1719236-1375949874-7898.jpeg.jpg]

Steely Dan – The Royal Scam

[Image: 220px-The_Royal_Scam_album_cover.jpg]

John Martyn – One World

[Image: 220px-MartynOneWorld.jpg]

Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe – been meaning to get this for some time now ...

[Image: 220px-AndersonBrufordWakemanHowe_album.jpg]

And one brand new mint and sealed – McGuinn, Clark, Hillman, Crosby – The Boarding House (Radio Session from 1978) – blue vinyl … 

[Image: 91qoFZ3cZ4L._SX425_.jpg]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
nice haul
only have the Steely Dan
happy listening

The Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe album is a masterpiece. Have not heard any of the others. Steely Dan is always a favourite. Many, many layers to their music.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
My copy of this album came in the mail today.

[Image: Sawyerhits.jpg]

God bless you and this butt kicking awesome act always!!!

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
My copy of this album came in the mail today.

[Image: Sawyer1995.jpg]

God bless you and this butt kicking awesome act always!!!

Holly
Listen to my most favorite singer here sometime, James Otto that is!
cool
JOSH is buying music
I remember those days

[Image: 61z4sQNYQAL._AC_US218_.jpg]

PAUL McCARTNEY "Egypt station"

I have enough on my birthday gift card balance to get Paul Weller's album
when it is released next week...
[Image: 91QSr5hEP7L._AC_UL320_.jpg]

on cd and vinyl, vinyl to remain factory sealed as per normal as part of my "mint" Weller vinyl collection
[Image: KAYAK_-_SEVENTEEN_grande.jpg?v=1536242751]

Whoop! Just went to pick up my brand new Kayak Seventeen – double vinyl album + CD. Can’t believe it took precisely 12 days from ordering!! One of the traders I get music from is a fellow countryman of yours CH – an expat Aussie. He has bolstered his used record business by hooking up with a Dutch supplier of newly pressed albums and they are extraordinarily on the ball. I’m super impressed.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson