Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Did You Buy?
received the Paul McCartney "flaming pie" boxset in the mail today.
absolutely brilliantly put together.
top quality materials used, they sure took pride in the making of this.
this is exactly what i would expect from someone of his standing in the industry.

still going through the box at this stage but will start to play the discs during next week.
My replacement copy of Camel's 'Nude' arrived today. Full volume here we go...
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
ordered the Neil Young "homegrown" album back in june when it was released and i still havent got it...bloody Covid delays!
Managed to find this CD at an excellent price from a local supplier - much to my surprise!! I could only see one – in the whole country. Think they might have made a mistake. Mind you – for something that was supposedly in stock, it took an inordinate amount of time to be dispatched and get here - eight weeks!! Never mind - I’m happy - obscure Norwegian potatoes, lol! Woo hoo! Now to hunt down Mellom Oss which is not proving quite so easy ... 

[Image: R-5099498-1514580907-1620.jpeg.jpg]
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
lovely art work Ruby.
[Image: 220px-Homegrown.jpg]

NEIL YOUNG  "homegrown"
actually paid fir this back in mid-June the day it was released
finally arrived in the mail today.
A couple of books and a CD. Can't walk past a proper book shop - it's physically impossible! This one is a charity store with proceeds going to our local animal rescue organisation so I'm happy to support them. 

The CD was an afterthought - spotted on the way out, lol! Two in one into the bargain - Gram Parsons GP and Grievous Angel. Couldn't take it for the measly sum they wanted so gave them extra. 

The books are Seven Years in Tibet - Heinrich Harrer. A hard cover 1st edition published in 1953 - no dust jacket but otherwise not in terrible shape and complete with photographs. Curious to see how the movie measures up to the horses mouth. Love the movie but there's always artistic licence. 

And another one on Tibet because it also looked interesting, and real, and I have a mild obsession - Tibet, Tibet (A Personal History of a Lost Land) by Patrick French who lived there for 20 years. 

Lastly, a funny little photo book called A Pig with Six Legs and other clouds, from The Cloud Appreciation Society whose manifesto states "We believe that clouds are for dreamers and their contemplation benefits the soul. Indeed, all who consider the shapes they see within them will save on psychoanalysis bills." How could I resist?!!  Big Grin
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
[Image: 220px-ACDCPowerUp.jpg]

AC/DC  -  power up

[Image: 220px-Ava_Max_-_Heaven_%26_Hell.png]

Ava Max  -  heaven & hell

[Image: 220px-Child_in_Reverse_by_KMH.png]

Kate Miller-Heidke  -  child in reverse