Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Stories and Haunted Places
(06-08-2017, 01:51)Lovely Linda Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 04:41)Oceansoul Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 03:36)Lovely Linda Wrote: I don't think I have mentioned it before but my hubby is talking to and seeing his dead mother all the time.
I don't know if his time is drawing near but he is convinced she is living with us.
When I tell him she has been dead since 87, he says he knows but then tells me well how can he see her here.

I don't know what to do. He is driving me nuts.

My brother said my hubby has one foot in the grave, talking to and seeing the dead.

Anyone had any experience with this from friends or family members??

My hubby has dementia too from the strokes but I can not convince him his Mom is not living with us.
This past week he did not know who I was and the crying was continuing.
I put him back on Remeron today. So far (today) it has helped.
I have heard even from nurses that folks who do not have long to live see the dead.
I'm just wondering if that is what is happening because he has so many issues.
They say he may lose his legs because blood is not flowing in under his knees. I'm going to have to make a big change if that happens.
I do wish they could do something about dementia. How old is your grandmother? She lives with someone?

Yeah, it could be his dementia. My grandmother is convinced that she has the correct perception of reality so I know better than to argue with her, I try to find distractions for her mind instead and comfort her. She often cries and stresses herself out due to what she thinks is happening around her. It's really heartbreaking seeing her go through this. Delusions are common for people who have dementia.

She doesn't recognize me most of the time.

She is 78 years old and lives with my mom and stepdad. I try to help them out with her and I give my parents money for food, bills, etc. My grandparents have health insurance and medicare so at least we don't have to worry about costly medical bills.
I'm sorry! I know exactly what you all are going through.
Your Grandmother sounds exactly like my hubby. He cries all the time. It gets on my nerves sometimes because he cries so much.
They really believe what they are seeing and hearing and seems hopeless to try and talk them out of it.
Hubby is having surgery Thursday. He is now crying because he thinks he is going to die.
I know they can't help it but it can really wear a person out dealing with the patient.
My hubby had just retired from work not even a year before he had strokes that caused his dementia.
  Tongue ......
[Image: avatar_2186.jpg]I try to be good but I get bored   

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Stories Lovely Linda 12 1,410 26-04-2017, 02:43
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Weird News, Stories, Thoughts, ect. InstantNoodles 29 2,161 23-12-2016, 10:52
Last Post: Oceansoul
  How many different places can you take the same song?--a case study jazzboCR 6 1,226 30-06-2015, 09:40
Last Post: Jerome
  Got Wi-Fi dead zones? Those Sonos speakers not work some places? jazzboCR 0 359 26-02-2015, 00:55
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Best places to download music? ambernector 33 8,043 04-03-2011, 06:47
Last Post: fresk
  Places to submit articles Latonya 1 1,052 14-01-2009, 12:36
Last Post: techman