Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I read the news today, oh boy!
I tried to find the article and/or the video interview but I cannot find it..

basically he called Trump "loathesome" and "a disgusting grub" for his comments about women...
Trump has been condemned by all political leaders here of the major parties.

maybe Bob_32 could help in locating the articles???
Music Head Wrote:saw this on our news this morning
unreal

This practice of 'baiting' sharks is just plain stupid. It seems there is no end to man's stupidity when it comes to seeking out new 'thrills'. As a species we just know how to completely f*** up the balance of nature. And of course, in time, we will wonder what happened to all the animals and creatures that are being wiped out at an alarming rate.

Has anyone seen the documentary 'The Cove' about the wholesale slaughter of dolphins by Japanese fisherman? I felt physically sick after seeing it. The human race is a bloody disgrace.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Sorry if I am being a stick in the mud here (what the hell does that mean anyway???) but I get really angry when animals are abused simply to satisfy human 'need'. We all eat meat, and to be quite honest I am uncomfortable with that as well even though I am just as guilty, but when it comes to things like horse racing, dog racing, birds fighting to the death and all that shit, it just leaves me cold. Some humans think that this is OK. I think those self same humans need to be locked up. There is something fundamentally wrong in their heads.
anyone interested in the subject of Ancient Egypt will be interested in this story:

BTW, has anyone ever visited Egypt at all?
me, i'd love to go there but with all the turmoil in the mid-east I wouldn't even contemplate it.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/two-...li=AAgfLCP
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:anyone interested in the subject of Ancient Egypt will be interested in this story:

BTW, has anyone ever visited Egypt at all?
me, i'd love to go there but with all the turmoil in the mid-east I wouldn't even contemplate it.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/two-...li=AAgfLCP

That is a really cool discovery! I would love to visit Egypt one day.
Yes I have been to Egypt. The Valley of the Kings is a fascinating place. As is the Giza plateau, Luxor, Karnak Temple etc. etc. It is difficult to describe the place but it's like stepping back in time. Would love to go again. A million different things to see if you have any interest in history. And if you ever go to the main museum in Cairo give yourself at least a day to see everything on offer. Mind-boggling amount of things on display. Fascinating place that will have you spellbound.

My track 'Saharan Haze' from my first project 'Into Imagined Lands' is as a direct result of visiting Egypt. http://auralscapes.com/project1.htm starts at 194.28 to around 261.20 mark (small counter bottom left).
Read Robert Bauval's book 'Secret Chamber'.
Jerome Wrote:Yes I have been to Egypt. The Valley of the Kings is a fascinating place. As is the Giza plateau, Luxor, Karnak Temple etc. etc. It is difficult to describe the place but it's like stepping back in time. Would love to go again. A million different things to see if you have any interest in history. And if you ever go to the main museum in Cairo give yourself at least a day to see everything on offer. Mind-boggling amount of things on display. Fascinating place that will have you spellbound.

My track 'Saharan Haze' from my first project 'Into Imagined Lands' is as a direct result of visiting Egypt. http://auralscapes.com/project1.htm starts at 194.28 to around 261.20 mark (small counter bottom left).

A very good track, Jerome!
Many thanks. It's small comments like that, that make it all worthwhile. 'Into Imagined Lands' was my first project and took me years to put together - mainly because I was learning about recording technology etc. and making quite a lot of mistakes along the way as well. It is what it is.
Jerome Wrote:Yes I have been to Egypt. The Valley of the Kings is a fascinating place. As is the Giza plateau, Luxor, Karnak Temple etc. etc. It is difficult to describe the place but it's like stepping back in time. Would love to go again. A million different things to see if you have any interest in history. And if you ever go to the main museum in Cairo give yourself at least a day to see everything on offer. Mind-boggling amount of things on display. Fascinating place that will have you spellbound.

I just noticed the reply Jerome...
ive never been there, I could imagine Egypt, Valley Of The Kings being difficult to describe mate, I mean you couldn't do the place justice anyway...
I will check out that track over the weekend when im here on my own and can put the cans on...
ive written down RB's "secret chamber" book as one to look out for when im browsing second hand book dealers also.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird News, Stories, Thoughts, ect. InstantNoodles 29 2,161 23-12-2016, 10:52
Last Post: Oceansoul
  And in another uplifting news broadcast............... Jerome 0 246 05-11-2016, 06:01
Last Post: Jerome
  Hey CH - GOOD NEWS Jerome 2 625 26-08-2015, 04:42
  News you can use: Turntables jazzboCR 0 360 07-06-2015, 22:58
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Feelin' a bit down, a little bluesy today? jazzboCR 1 346 17-10-2014, 19:15
Last Post: SteveO
  Feeling a little goofy today... jazzboCR 0 343 02-10-2014, 21:33
  unbelievably funny news story... CRAZY-HORSE 1 381 07-08-2014, 16:20
  and now the bad news: Practice may not make perfect jazzboCR 11 1,396 14-07-2014, 04:37
  screaming hot news about some Dylan recordings jazzboCR 0 279 05-07-2014, 18:19
  Today's favour is tomorrow's obligation pennywill 4 1,934 21-02-2014, 22:52