Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I read the news today, oh boy!
David Cassidy is apparently in an induced coma for 'organ failure' so he might well end up in our "musical deaths" thread shortly:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/c...li=AAgfYrC
Mugabe finally gone. Only to be replaced with - you guessed it - another dictator, and incidentally, the man who was in charge of the slaughter of 20,000 Matabele people - a conservative estimate BTW. Who did he take orders from? Mugabe of course. The 'Bob Mugabe and the Wailers' show just keeps rolling on. When the masses have finally stopped dancing in the streets they are in for one major wake-up call. Santayana once said - Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it. Well the chicken has come home to roost.

By the way ZIM, how did your 'freedom' work out for you? Let me remind you - 3 million of your people are now in South Africa alone, you have 90% unemployment and your inflation rate once hit 500 billion percent. Yes, that's billion - not million. Your deposed fearless 'leader' chose to resign rather than be impeached so that he could hold on to all that money & property he stole from you and your families. And to prevent himself from being prosecuted for all those crimes he has committed throughout his reign. Brave man. And let's not forget, he also managed to single-handedly destroy an entire once-properous economy. The former bread basket of Africa is now a basket case. That is his legacy.

But the really sad part of all of this is that you are about to repeat the whole process all over again.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
^Nothing will change – not unless there is a coalition at the very least, and a total regime change at best; and even then – how do they come back from such ruin? Not quickly, that’s for certain. The Mugabe family are the biggest landowners in the country, bar none (I don't see anyone grabbing that from them and he won't be prosecuted), and aside from orchestrating unspeakable violence, Mnangagwa is alleged to have been involved in the very ugly illicit diamond trade and has who knows what other fingers in what pies. It seems to have become quite normal for criminals and madmen to ascend to the highest office in the land, while feathering their own nests very nicely thank you! We have one of them too, of course. Kleptocracy rules, SA. The world has gone stark raving bonkers.

Of course the poor people who fled Zimbabwe, believe, in their ignorance, that they can now return to their families, and the country they loved so much, and that they will find jobs in a magically healed economy. There might be trouble brewing for The Crocodile and his cronies when they don’t deliver. Reminds me of another Groot Krokodil - they appear to be common in this neck of the woods! And if it wasn’t all so crazy it would be hilarious that Mnangagwa’s faction in Zanu-PF is named ‘Lacoste’ – I’m sure the company must be delighted. One just never knows when a military dictator might annex one's logo!!

The inevitable jokes are doing the rounds of course – Q. Where is the capital of Zimbabwe? A. In a Swiss bank account.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

and just when you thought Trump couldn't put his foot any further in his mouth....

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/on-t...li=AAgfYrC
(23-11-2017, 20:46)Ruby Wrote: ^Nothing will change – not unless there is a coalition at the very least, and a total regime change at best; and even then – how do they come back from such ruin? Not quickly, that’s for certain. The Mugabe family are the biggest landowners in the country, bar none (I don't see anyone grabbing that from them and he won't be prosecuted), and aside from orchestrating unspeakable violence, Mnangagwa is alleged to have been involved in the very ugly illicit diamond trade and has who knows what other fingers in what pies. It seems to have become quite normal for criminals and madmen to ascend to the highest office in the land, while feathering their own nests very nicely thank you! We have one of them too, of course. Kleptocracy rules, SA. The world has gone stark raving bonkers.

Of course the poor people who fled Zimbabwe, believe, in their ignorance, that they can now return to their families, and the country they loved so much, and that they will find jobs in a magically healed economy. There might be trouble brewing for The Crocodile and his cronies when they don’t deliver. Reminds me of another Groot Krokodil - they appear to be common in this neck of the woods! And if it wasn’t all so crazy it would be hilarious that Mnangagwa’s faction in Zanu-PF is named ‘Lacoste’ – I’m sure the company must be delighted. One just never knows when a military dictator might annex one's logo!!

The inevitable jokes are doing the rounds of course – Q. Where is the capital of Zimbabwe? A. In a Swiss bank account.

Ruby, you just put it across so much better than I could ever do. Love the 'Lacoste' one. That sums it up for me. There is a black lady working in our company canteen who is from Zim. I chat to her once in a while. She says there is no way she is ever going back. She reckons it does not matter who replaces Bob, the country is basically screwed. 
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
MSN does not stop trashing Trump. No matter what he says or does nothing is good enough for them.
The liberal media needs to give it up.
Be good enough for them if Hillary had won. See where we would be then.
Using Thanksgiving as a excuse is disgusting.
the BPI expects one million vinyl albums to be purchased in the UK for gifts this Christmas:

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news...as__21151/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  News from Mike Oldfield Jerome 2 120 29-10-2017, 13:19
Last Post: Jerome
  Weird News, Stories, Thoughts, ect. InstantNoodles 29 2,243 23-12-2016, 10:52
Last Post: Oceansoul
  And in another uplifting news broadcast............... Jerome 0 279 05-11-2016, 06:01
  Hey CH - GOOD NEWS Jerome 2 670 26-08-2015, 04:42
  News you can use: Turntables jazzboCR 0 396 07-06-2015, 22:58
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Feelin' a bit down, a little bluesy today? jazzboCR 1 363 17-10-2014, 19:15
Last Post: SteveO
  Feeling a little goofy today... jazzboCR 0 358 02-10-2014, 21:33
  unbelievably funny news story... CRAZY-HORSE 1 396 07-08-2014, 16:20
Last Post: SteveO
  and now the bad news: Practice may not make perfect jazzboCR 11 1,427 14-07-2014, 04:37
  screaming hot news about some Dylan recordings jazzboCR 0 300 05-07-2014, 18:19