Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I read the news today, oh boy!
another WTF moment in political correctness!
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia...spartanntp
Can you imagine the mess the planet is going to be in 50 years time! Ridiculous.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
(21-11-2018, 10:24)Jerome Wrote: Can you imagine the mess the planet is going to be in 50 years time! Ridiculous.

im just glad I wont be around in 50yrs to witness it mate...
"sex, sex and videotape"....
https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/...spartanntp

here's the timelapse of that 30 storey building being built in 15 days...awesome stuff!

out here, the unions would go on strike because it didn't take long enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwvmru5JmXk
I have a pretty decent IQ but even with that I thought there were only two genders, male and female...
it appears there are 33 genders, well, our Labor Party believes there are and if they win the next Federal Election
they promise to allow parents to put any of these genders on their new born's birth certificates...

here's the list of 33 genders that apparently exist!

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/07/ex...ex-survey/
^Good heavens! How very confusing - eventually nobody's going to know who the hell they are! Like fish. Lol!! 
Oh well - if this is evolution, I'm happy to remain a dinosaur. Big Grin
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
The severe water restrictions that were imposed as a result of the drought have been relaxed so we can bath again now, but it will probably have to be by candlelight, and the water might be cold (unless one has gone off the grid, in which case, a penalty will be applied for daring to find alternative/private energy solutions). 

Yep – hello darkness my old friend! Or more simply, Eskom, our state run power supplier, has run out of coal – an eventuality that has been forecast for at least a decade, and beyond. Contingency plans?? Pffft!!! 

Soooo – back to load shedding we go. After a solemn promise from our ex pres never to have to endure this again – what a joke. I foresee the nuclear spectre looming large. Pretty sure there aren’t many other bright ideas out there in the public works wilderness.  Rolleyes Climbing out of an economic recession with intermittent lights on is going to be tough!  

https://www.ft.com/content/ee3d7762-f6ff...a24bd5409c
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Geez...
sounds like you guys have gone from bad to worse....again!
^It is a really low blow. Shockingly bad for business at all levels and totally undermining of investor confidence - something we could use round about now. Just what we don’t need! I saw an interview where one gentleman, who is an expert in the field, says we can look forward to electricity disruptions for the next five years, at least. 

We’ll cope – we always do, but it’s really stressful and tiring - utter b/s that the taxpayer’s money is continuously being swallowed up by incompetent, bungling idiots with no social or moral conscience and dodgy associations. It’s criminal actually – we’ve been stolen from – big time. Mind you, many African countries suffer this same fate and there’s so much mayhem going on in the world at large, Mars begins to look VERY attractive!! 

Which brings me to another point – astronauts say that they have this epiphany from outer space; that seeing the earth as a whole, without borders and divisions, a giant organism supporting all life as we know it, as our only home, makes a huge impact on the way they view pretty much everything and completely changes their interactions with people and the planet in general upon their return. Maybe someone should stick a few world leaders in a rocket and send them to a conference on board the ISS. Unfortunately not practical, I know, but one can dream!! Big Grin
we actually had above average rain this winter/spring so the dams are at decent levels at the moment,
summer started last week and no sign of water restrictions in sight,
that said, dickheads will start wasting water, why, because they can, then the restrictions will come in and they'll whinge
that we have them...
same crap, different year

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  News from Mike Oldfield Jerome 2 451 29-10-2017, 13:19
Last Post: Jerome
  Weird News, Stories, Thoughts, ect. InstantNoodles 29 2,632 23-12-2016, 10:52
Last Post: Oceansoul
  And in another uplifting news broadcast............... Jerome 0 409 05-11-2016, 06:01
  Hey CH - GOOD NEWS Jerome 2 812 26-08-2015, 04:42
  News you can use: Turntables jazzboCR 0 549 07-06-2015, 22:58
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Feelin' a bit down, a little bluesy today? jazzboCR 1 474 17-10-2014, 19:15
Last Post: SteveO
  Feeling a little goofy today... jazzboCR 0 464 02-10-2014, 21:33
  unbelievably funny news story... CRAZY-HORSE 1 512 07-08-2014, 16:20
Last Post: SteveO
  and now the bad news: Practice may not make perfect jazzboCR 11 1,676 14-07-2014, 04:37
  screaming hot news about some Dylan recordings jazzboCR 0 412 05-07-2014, 18:19