Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I read the news today, oh boy!
i fid it extremely hypocritical by the footballers to protest against any sort of brutality considering we hear every year that several of them are accused of spousal abuse and ultimately admit to it!
Good point CH! There's the public 'face' to all of this carry-on and then there's the reality which we seldom get to hear about. When you lift the lid on humanity all you ever find is hypocrisy. We're famous for it. The human race is stark raving mad. And because the human race never learns from it's mistakes it's only going to get worse. I sometimes wonder what this planet will look like in another 1000 years time. God help those who are around at the time.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
on the football thing
totally absurd
would not be news but for Trumpty Dumpty weighing in
NFL heads met yesterday with no change in policy
simple solutions but no balls to implement them
don't play the damn song or
teams don't take the field until after it is played

I agree with the simple solution idea - just stop playing national anthems. Everywhere. People can kneel during the half-time break (or whatever) or after the game, or during practice sessions, or in the 'cooler' after they have been sent off for excessive violent conduct (the irony is comical). Use up your own time - not the spectators. After all, the spectators are paying their highly inflated, and totally undeserved salaries. Just like in Europe, where footballers are paid obscene amounts of money to kick a ball around. And most times they can't even kick the damn thing straight at all.

As Roger Waters once wrote 'could be the human race is run'.........
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
yep, you've got a point there MH, Trump opened his mouth and gave the protest credibility

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird News, Stories, Thoughts, ect. InstantNoodles 29 2,161 23-12-2016, 10:52
Last Post: Oceansoul
  And in another uplifting news broadcast............... Jerome 0 246 05-11-2016, 06:01
Last Post: Jerome
  Hey CH - GOOD NEWS Jerome 2 625 26-08-2015, 04:42
  News you can use: Turntables jazzboCR 0 360 07-06-2015, 22:58
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Feelin' a bit down, a little bluesy today? jazzboCR 1 346 17-10-2014, 19:15
Last Post: SteveO
  Feeling a little goofy today... jazzboCR 0 343 02-10-2014, 21:33
  unbelievably funny news story... CRAZY-HORSE 1 381 07-08-2014, 16:20
  and now the bad news: Practice may not make perfect jazzboCR 11 1,396 14-07-2014, 04:37
  screaming hot news about some Dylan recordings jazzboCR 0 279 05-07-2014, 18:19
  Today's favour is tomorrow's obligation pennywill 4 1,934 21-02-2014, 22:52