Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I read the news today, oh boy!
I have just seen the winning song on YT - W.T.F. This rubbish is voted the best song out of 'Europe' ??!!?? A total bloody disgrace. First it's a man/woman thing that wins and now we have clucking chickens. This planet is doomed.

Oh yes and now that the next 'competition' will be held in Israel you can rest assured that there is going to be a scene at the event. The whole thing has become laughable. Complete, total, utter crap.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
^Just got around to watching that winning song. Come back ABBA, all is forgiven!! Abbatoir 'n all. Lol! Jeez - how horrible.

Not sure how I feel about the prospect of the Queen movie that's recently been announced and is due out later this year. Can't really see anyone easily pulling off a believable Freddie Mercury!! It's called Bohemian Rhapsody and doesn't seem to be getting warm and fuzzy vibes from Brian May who appears to have reservations - but that might be for any number of reasons, including the perspective of a couple of decades. Guess we'll have to wait and see! (Days of Our Lives is a good documentary if anyone wants to watch it ...) 

This is a teaser from the upcoming movie ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
i saw the trailer for this one yesterday Ruby....
I believe the surviving members of Queen had a lot of say in the final product and that it is pretty authentic to the life and times of Freddie Mercury...
^Yes - I think it will be. From what I can gather, it's been done from the point of protecting Freddie Mercury's legacy as opposed to delving too deeply into his personal life, which is fine by me. I had read a BBC article where Brian May seemed less than enthusiastic and mentions that he and Roger Taylor had very little power and had to sign away control - http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-43581609. I expect there will be all sorts of conjecture - and misleading media!

Playing Freddie is a big ask for that actor although there are some very definitively Freddie gestures and poses which probably make it a bit easier. Anyway - it will be interesting to see.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
so the article below is about a neighbour feud between Jimmy Page and Robbie Williams but I don't care about that...
just look at the exquisite interior decorating in Page's home...

what I would give to look around his London home!

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/...ar-AAyIhTs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  News from Mike Oldfield Jerome 2 344 29-10-2017, 13:19
Last Post: Jerome
  Weird News, Stories, Thoughts, ect. InstantNoodles 29 2,429 23-12-2016, 10:52
Last Post: Oceansoul
  And in another uplifting news broadcast............... Jerome 0 341 05-11-2016, 06:01
  Hey CH - GOOD NEWS Jerome 2 722 26-08-2015, 04:42
  News you can use: Turntables jazzboCR 0 458 07-06-2015, 22:58
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Feelin' a bit down, a little bluesy today? jazzboCR 1 400 17-10-2014, 19:15
Last Post: SteveO
  Feeling a little goofy today... jazzboCR 0 396 02-10-2014, 21:33
  unbelievably funny news story... CRAZY-HORSE 1 436 07-08-2014, 16:20
Last Post: SteveO
  and now the bad news: Practice may not make perfect jazzboCR 11 1,491 14-07-2014, 04:37
  screaming hot news about some Dylan recordings jazzboCR 0 344 05-07-2014, 18:19