Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I read the news today, oh boy!
im one that believes that "where there is smoke, there is fire", thus ive always believed that there was truth in the pedo/molestation accusations against Michael Jackson, afterall, who would pay out tens of millions of dollars to 'keep 'em quiet" if you've done nothing wrong..
anyway,
the rumour mill has started again since the family's 'brutal control freak patriarch" Joe Jackson died...

heres the latest article, and I taped a doco on the whole sordid mess last night, hoping to get round to watching it tomorrow...

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/bot...spartanntp
Seems churlish to complain about seven and half hours a day of no electricity in the face of the dreadful attack in Christchurch, New Zealand, and now a devastating cyclone off the east coast of Africa! Mozambique has been really hard hit. The forces of nature are so fearsome - can't imagine how all those people must be feeling.  

https://mg.co.za/article/2019-03-18-ever...agaRM-ti8E

Back to the electricity supply front - or non-supply front - I'm not convinced there is actually a light at the end of this tunnel! Groans and moans countrywide as we woke this Monday morning to no power, so no coffee (disastrous), no ironing of clothes (which seems to have been a biggie, lol!) - a crumpled nation, lol!! Seriously - so not good for business, or anything else really. Ditto tomorrow.  Sad
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
I had a colleague just come come back from Zimbabwe,
she said they had power spasmodically through the day, water for an hour a day (if they were lucky) and waiting at gas stations for up to 8hrs
waiting for fuel only to be told 'sorry we're out' when they got to the pumps...

plus, she and her family were robbed of their tablets/laptops, cell phones and cash on their second night there!
^Zimbabwe used to be a beautiful and prosperous country - it is now a smouldering wreck. Lends new meaning to Zimbabwe Ruins - sadly. People need to do some research before they visit any African country, or anywhere for that matter - seriously.

In other news, some enterprising individuals have created a load-shedding app which is quite fabulous, I thought - it's very helpful! It's called EskomSePush which is a bit of an insider joke that I'm not about to explain! Other than that Eskom is the national power (non)supplier. 

Night is one thing, but daytime productivity is severely curtailed. Eish (a very useful expression that can mean a whole lot of things - shock, horror, surprise, pain, etc. In this instance, resigned annoyance). Sad
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
South Africa is now just Zimbabwe version 2.0 I'm afraid. Another African dystopia in the making. How does anyone run a business with no electricity?
A friend of mine in Zimbabwe had to travel to Botswana just to do normal weekly shopping. He says that when he walked into a supermarket in Zim there was absolutely nothing on the shelves and the only thing available to purchase was a small bag of rotten tomatoes on a small table near the entrance. This is civilization - African-style. And it is going to get a lot worse because the governments of these countries are hiding the real state of the nation from the electorate. The damage has been done but the consequences have yet to be revealed. All those years of pilfering from the state coffers are starting to kick in. 300+ years to build up a nation into a prosperous going concern. 30 years to turn it into rubble. The sad thing is that the majority of the electorate are going to vote the same party in again. And so the decline continues. It's ridiculous.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  News from Mike Oldfield Jerome 2 567 29-10-2017, 13:19
Last Post: Jerome
  Weird News, Stories, Thoughts, ect. InstantNoodles 29 2,823 23-12-2016, 10:52
Last Post: Oceansoul
  And in another uplifting news broadcast............... Jerome 0 480 05-11-2016, 06:01
  Hey CH - GOOD NEWS Jerome 2 894 26-08-2015, 04:42
  News you can use: Turntables jazzboCR 0 614 07-06-2015, 22:58
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Feelin' a bit down, a little bluesy today? jazzboCR 1 550 17-10-2014, 19:15
Last Post: SteveO
  Feeling a little goofy today... jazzboCR 0 541 02-10-2014, 21:33
  unbelievably funny news story... CRAZY-HORSE 1 569 07-08-2014, 16:20
Last Post: SteveO
  and now the bad news: Practice may not make perfect jazzboCR 11 1,828 14-07-2014, 04:37
  screaming hot news about some Dylan recordings jazzboCR 0 481 05-07-2014, 18:19