Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need your opinion guys !
Go here www.auralscapes.com for some of my own work. Probably not your cup of tea. As far as the synths are concerned a mixture of VST's and real synths (Couple of Korgs, a Roland & a Moog as well as other bits and pieces like a Doepfer ribbon controller and Korg sequencer). Guitar remains my main instrument but I also like dabbling with synths. Would love to play old Japanese instruments but I don't have the time to learn that as well (Koto, Ghuzeng etc.)
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
I assure you, I drink a lot of different sort of teas...
And for me - and most other people I huess - different songs and genres boosts me in different situations and tells me different stories
Listened to a couple of your Projects and really enjoyed them... a touch of Jarre and Kitaros - this kind of Music moves me to different places/Environments... like floating freely in space, or exploring the magic beauty of the quiet but still expressive sea world... Really good work and some really relaxing music you've created
explorin
Will return to those Projects in the future - and keep exploring...
Thx for the comments - and yes I will continue exploring. I particularly like your use of the word 'environments' because that is exactly what I am trying to create with Project 1. Project 2 is a return to the electronic stuff of the 70's. Next project is going to be far more acoustic guitar orientated, and if I can find the right vocalists, will contain songs I wrote almost 25 years ago. But this one is going to take time - and money - lots of it! I did everything myself on the first two projects I have released (and it shows), but for this one I am going to call in the services of a professional mixing engineer. Anyway time will tell - it always does. If you get a chance, record some of your playing. I would like to hear it. I find with acoustic music it's always good to have a second guitarist who has a different perspective to yourself. It opens up the soundstage more. Just a thought.
That really sounds interesting, your approach and effort on the next project...
But to be honest, I'm not sure I have a technique good enough to record my playing in a more professional way... but I intend to get back into more playing when I find more time - hard to get when you have kids attending school, sports activities and similar...
But I'm eager follow your projects... and I also hope to find time to get into DAW working again - really enjoyed it before.
By the way, are you using Cubase or Logic perhaps?
MFS Wrote:That really sounds interesting, your approach and effort on the next project...
But to be honest, I'm not sure I have a technique good enough to record my playing in a more professional way... but I intend to get back into more playing when I find more time - hard to get when you have kids attending school, sports activities and similar...
But I'm eager follow your projects... and I also hope to find time to get into DAW working again - really enjoyed it before.
By the way, are you using Cubase or Logic perhaps?

I am using the latest version of Samplitude as my main DAW - it is based on object-oriented programming so it's extremely fast. I also use Sonar for MIDI stuff mainly. Stay in touch - I might ask you to give some material a try but I have to admit it's going to be a while before I am ready to require collaboration. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Time will tell - it always does. (Just loosen up your fingers by practicing).
Hello everyone !

Thank you so much for your answers! It really helps! Then, I guess the best thing to do for me is to start with some YouTubers who can explain the basic. I need to see to understand, if I use only a book, it will take longer for me to understand. I am just really used to check on YouTube when I don't know something. I will also look for books as a complementary tool, especially when I will start to know how to play easy songs.
So you guys never check on YouTube or online ? You only use books ? That's interesting! When I want to learn something I automatically go on YouTube haha
Whichever system you use is your own business but I guarantee you will have a better understanding if you use a good book. I have looked at many YT tutorials and they are mostly very badly thought-out - i.e. not very well planned. There is no shortcut to learning to play an instrument properly. It takes work and lots of it as well. When you see an ad that says - 'learn guitar in 6 weeks' - avoid it. And the advantage of a book is that you can take it anywhere with you. A smartphone or PC is always power-dependent.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi guys!!! Long time no speak! Please listen to my songs... Bellini48 4 775 04-04-2014, 09:20
Last Post: Bellini48
  Just finished a concerto for trumpet, interested musicians opinion. Mirek 3 865 14-12-2013, 16:46
Last Post: Bellini48