Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music & Alcohol
Having been to a Reggae gig at the weekend, & being reminded how much the Unwashed love to get smashed for live music....

I've never really enjoyed the combination of music & alcohol, as booze dulls my senses too much. I'm prepared to concede that I'm in a minority here, but I'm curious to know what the rest of our community think.

Discuss...
Agreed.

Good music has a euphoric effect by itself. The handful of times we brought alcohol to a concert, I found it was more trouble than it was worth.

The worst part, as you suggest, is what alcohol does to "the Unwashed." It only takes a small percentage of irresponsible attendees to really make a mess of things.
I love listening to my favourite music while drinking.. same goes for a smoke..
I think it has a lot to do with a lot of shows being at bars.

But also the idea of having fun with your friends, kicking back and having a few drinks in the company of friends and good music.

As for the getting completely sloshed when going to see a band, well that part I don't get. Why go to all the trouble of going to see the band if you're not planning on remembering it.
Can't believe I forgot to respond to this post.

Anyway, I gave up on concerts many years ago, because I was going to hear music and most others were going to get drunk and party. Nothing against alcohol when used in moderation. To get sloppy drunk, I got over that when I got married and had kids. I prefer other means of relaxation. I live on a farm and harvest time was recently. I'm set for a good while. Again, in moderation.

Music Head Wrote:I prefer other means of relaxation. I live on a farm and harvest time was recently.

I see.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters
I hate the people who find it necessary to get drunk before a show.

Someone got puked on at Escape The Fate... glad it wasn't me :wink:
What a model of sobriety we all are...
attracted by the title "Music & Alcohol", in fact I prefer to listen to my favourite music when i'm reading, soft music of course.:happy:
A bottle of Brunello 2006, an open fire and a masterpiece in the CD player is my thing. I go to the odd concert now and again but there are just too many wasted people at these things these days. I am getting old.......
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weekly Music Charts for 2017 Music Head 176 11,008 12-12-2017, 23:47
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  The ultimate music connection SteveO 110 28,212 01-11-2017, 04:48
Last Post: SteveO
  MUSIC NEWS: Steve Winwood to release his first "live" album CRAZY-HORSE 1 279 01-09-2017, 13:55
Last Post: SteveO
  MUSIC NEWS: new Waterboys album on the way... CRAZY-HORSE 0 150 30-06-2017, 13:54
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 15 2,393 13-05-2017, 11:35
Last Post: Jerome
  What was it that first led you to take notice of music ? gryphon 15 1,394 22-03-2017, 02:56
Last Post: oldies65
  Subversive Music - RATM, Immortal Tech, Akala, Slaves, Allflaws flinty 50 9,551 17-03-2017, 13:59
Last Post: flinty
  The Best Gaming Music Mix 2017 ♪ ToBu,alan walker,NCS Realese 1 Hour ^_^ Dragon Music rikkasan47 1 424 16-03-2017, 20:56
Last Post: Inna Selez
  is my best music 2017 ayoub123 1 583 06-03-2017, 14:31
Last Post: Soniajain
  Interesting article in Scientific American about pop music bob_32_116 4 300 23-02-2017, 03:46
Last Post: Lovely Linda