Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly Music Charts for 2017
UK songs/singles charts for week ending 13th January:

[Image: ed-sheeran-number-1-award-shape-of-you-1...&width=796]

Ed Sheeran has delivered the biggest comeback since Adele with a double record-breaking week on the Official Singles Chart, as his two new singles Shape of You and Castle on the Hill enter at Number 1 and 2, a first for any artist, and sets a new UK streaming record in the process.Shape of You becomes Sheeran’s third Number 1 single, following 2014’s Sing and Thinking Out Loud, while Castle on the Hill enters at 2. Look back at Ed Sheeran’s complete Official UK Chart history here.
The feat sets a new record on the Official Chart – no other artist has entered at positions 1 and 2 on the chart with new tracks.
MORE: Ed Sheeran's Official Top 10 biggest hits revealed
Commenting on the record-breaking success of both songs, Sheeran told OfficialCharts.com:“I’m incredibly chuffed that they’ve gone straight in at Number 1 and 2 today. Both tracks mean a huge amount to me so it really is amazing to see them go to the top of the chart together on the first week. I can’t wait for everyone to hear the rest of the album in March!”

Ed has bagged the biggest opening week for any artist since Adele’s record-breaking return in November 2015 when she shot straight to Number 1 with 332,000 combined sales of Hello, while Ed has racked up a staggering 421,000 across his two new releases over the past seven days.
Shape Of You and Castle on the Hill have both performed strongly on downloads and streaming, with both songs individually smashing the one-week streaming record previously held by Drake’s One Dance, which racked up 8.9 million plays in one week last summer.
Shape Of You notched up 227,000 combined sales this week, made up of 137,000 downloads and 13.4 million streams, while Castle on the Hill managed 194,000 combined sales, split between 120,000 downloads and 11.07 million streams.

[h=4]New entries and high climbers[/h]Elsewhere on this week’s Official Singles Chart, three songs soar into Top 10 for the first time: September Song by rising British star JP Cooper jumps nine places to 7, Call On Me by Australian singer-songwriter Starley shoots 18 spots to 8, and Jax Jones & Raye’s You Don’t Know Me vaults 24 to Number 9.
Further down, Sean Paul’s No Lie ft. Dua Lipa makes its Top 40 debut, up 16 places to 28, Shed A Light by Robin Schulz ft. David Guetta & Cheat Codes jumps from 48 to 32, and Snakehips enter at 33 with Don’t Leave ft. MØ, marking the duo’s third Top 40 single.

UK songs chart that counts all sales figures plus those from Streaming services: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/ #1 Ed Sheeran

UK songs chart that counts actual sales be it cd, vinyl or digital sales: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/sin...les-chart/ #1 Ed Sheeran

UK singles chart that only takes into consideration actual physical sales (cd vinyl): http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/phy...les-chart/ #1 Sherlocks

UK singles chart that only counts the sales of vinyl singles: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vin...les-chart/ #1 Sherlocks
UK albums charts for week ending 13th January:

[Image: little-mix-glory-days-spice-1100.jpg&width=796]

Little Mix's Glory Days now only trails Spice Girls’ debut phenomenon for most number of weeks at Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart by a girl band.Jade, Jesy, Leigh-Anne and Perrie's latest studio album spends a fifth week at the chart summit, surpassing any other album released by a female group this millennium, or indeed the past 20 years.
While there’s still a way to go yet, Glory Days is now the longest reigning Number 1 by all-female act since the Spice Girls’ record-setting debut, Spice, which spent a whopping 15 weeks at the summit upon its release in 1996.

Glory Days' five non-consecutive weeks at the Official Albums Chart helm helps the LP surpass the last longest reigning, Destiny's Child's Survivor, which clung on to the coveted top spot for four non-consecutive weeks over 2001 and 2002.
You Me At Six who lead the albums charge at the midweek stage couldn’t quite sustain their early momentum, their fifth studio effort Night People lands at Number 3.
Elsewhere in the Top 5, Pete Tong & The Heritage Orchestra's Classic House holds at Number 2, George Michael's Ladies & Gentlemen rises seven places to Number 4 following a resurgence in retail outlets, and David Bowie's Legacy catapults 13 spots to Number 5, a new peak for the album.
[h=4]New entries and high climbers[/h]Following Ed Sheeran's groundbreaking return to music, his second album x races from last week's 47 to this week's Number 8, its 78th week inside the Top 10. The Moana Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, which features vocal performances Nicole Scherzinger, Alessia Cara and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, reaches a new peak, up 9 to Number 18.

George Michael's Twenty Five vaults 26 levels to this week's Number 19, Ed Sheeran's + springs from Number 98 to Number 20 to be crowned the highest climber of the last seven days, and Sundara Karma's debut Youth Is Only Ever Fun In Retrospect bows at 24.
Finally, one year on from his tragic passing, David Bowie's final studio album Blackstar re-emerges into the Official Albums Chart Top 40, soaring from 76 to Number 30.

UK albums chart created from total sales plus streaming figures: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/ #1 Little Mix

UK albums chart that only counts actual sales (digital, cd, vinyl): http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/alb...les-chart/ #1 Pete Tong/Heritage Or/Buckley

UK albums chart that only counts physical sales ie: cd/vinyl: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/phy...ums-chart/ #1 Little Mix

UK albums chart that only counts the sales of vinyl albums: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vin...ums-chart/ #1 David Bowie "legacy" (a compilation)
Australian charts for week ending 14th January:

singles:

Returning to the top 50 as a lead artist for the first time since ‘Photograph’ (#9 Jun. ’15), Ed Sheeran has created ARIA Charts history. The English singer-songwriter becomes the first artist to have simultaneous debuts at #1 and #2 on the ARIA Singles Chart with ‘Shape Of You’ & ‘Castle On The Hill’, respectively.
After jumping into the top ten for the first time last week, Andy Grammer is up a further four spots to #5, hitting the top five for the first time with ‘Fresh Eyes’.
In its fourth week in the top 50, Train’s ‘Play That Song’ moves up 15 spots to #8. It becomes the American band’s third top ten single and first since ‘Hey, Soul Sister’ (#1 Mar. ’10).
Up seven from last week and into the top 20 for the first time this week at #15, ‘Chameleon’ is now Pnau’s highest-charting single.
This week also sees new peaks for Rag'N'Bone Man's 'Human' (#21), Sage The Gemini’s ‘Now And Later’ (#24), Milky Chance’s ‘Cocoon’ (#25) and Robin Shulz & David Guetta’s ‘Shed A Light’ (#26).
Debuts:
#1 & #2: Ed Sheeran ‘Shape Of You’ & ‘Castle On The Hill’ – His first new releases in over a year, ‘Shape Of You’ & ‘Castle On The Hill’ both come from Ed Sheeran’s forthcoming third album ÷, set for release on 3 March. ‘Shape Of You’ becomes Sheeran’s third #1 on the ARIA Singles Chart, following on from ‘Sing’ (#1 May ’14) and ‘Thinking Out Loud’ (#1 Oct. ’14). The two new entries now gives Sheeran seven top five singles in Australia.
#31: Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello ‘Bad Things’ – American rapper Machine Gun Kelly joins forces with former Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello for ‘Bad Things’. It’s the first time either artist has hit the top 50 individually. As a member of Fifth Harmony, Cabello last charted with ‘All In My Head (Flex)’ (#19 Jul. ’16).
#40: Amy Shark ‘Adore’ – The debut appearance in the ARIA top 50 for Gold Coast singer-songwriter Amy Shark. ‘Adore’ comes from Shark’s EP The Little Sleeper, released last September.
#41: Sia ‘Move Your Body’ – The fourth single and fifth track to chart from Sia’s This Is Acting (#1 Feb. ’16), following on from ‘Alive’ (#10 Oct. ’15), ‘Bird Set Free’ (#36 Nov. ’15), ‘Cheap Thrills’ (#6 Apr. ’16) and ‘The Greatest’ (#2 Sept. ’16).
#42: Sofi Tukker ‘Drinkee’ – New York duo Sofi Tukker hit the top 50 for the first time with ‘Drinkee’. The track comes from the house duo debut EP Soft Animals, which was released in mid-2016.
#45: Snakehips & MØ ‘Don’t Leave’ – British electronic duo Snakehips team up with Danish singer MØ team up for ‘Don’t Leave’. It’s Snakehips’ third top 50 appearance as lead artist, following on from ‘All My Friends’ (#3 Jan. ’16) and ‘Cruel’ (#34 Aug. ’16) and the second for MØ after ‘Final Song’ (#12 Sept. ’16).
#46: Adele ‘Water Under The Bridge’ – Single four from Adele’s 25 (#1 Nov. ’15). It follows on from ‘Hello’ (#1 Nov. ’15), ‘When We Were Young’ (#13 Nov. ’15) and ‘Send My Love (To Your New Lover)’ (#13 Jul. ’16).
#49: Auli'i Cravalho ‘How Far I’ll Go’ – American actress Auli'i Cravalho makes her Singles Chart debut with ‘How Far I’ll Go’. The track features on the soundtrack to the film Moana (#3 Jan. ’17), in which Cravalho plays the title character.

link to the top50 chart: http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/singles-chart
Australian charts for week ending 14th January:

albums:

The Trolls soundtrack holds the #1 spot on the ARIA Albums Chart for a second straight week. With the soundtracks to Sing and Moana sitting at #2 and #3, respectively, it marks the first time the ARIA Albums Chart top three has been entirely populated by soundtracks.
On the back of the announcement of a March release for his third album ÷ and debuts at #1 and #2 on this week’s ARIA Singles Chart with ‘Shape Of You’ & ‘Castle On The Hill’, respectively, Ed Sheeran gets a boost on the Albums Chart. X jumps from #45 to #9 and a return to the top ten for a 86th week. Lower down the chart, Sheeran’s debut album + re-enters the top 50 for a 163rd week at #32.
After scoring seven awards at this week’s Golden Globes, La La Land‘s soundtrack jumps up 18 spots to #13 in its second week in the top 50.
Debuts:
#15: Dropkick Murphys ‘11 Short Stories Of Pain & Glory’ – Dropkick Murphys score a new peak on the ARIA Albums Chart with 11 Short Stories Of Pain & Glory. It’s the American punk band’s ninth studio album and takes over from predecessor Signed And Sealed In Blood (#23 Jan. ’13) as their peak.
#20: You Me At Six ‘Night People’ – Album five from You Me At Six gives the English band a second top 20 on the ARIA Albums Chart. Night People comes three years on from Cavalier Youth (#14 Feb. ’14).
#30: Halestorm ‘Reanimate 3.0: The Covers EP’ – American rockers Halestorm make their top 50 debut on the ARIA Charts. Reanimate 3.0: The Covers EP is the Pennsylvania quartet’s third EP of covers and includes their takes on tracks by Whitesnake, Joan Jett, Soundgarden and more.

link for the top50 albums chart: http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/albums-chart
Great you have any indian list for 2017 please share.
Jan 28th, 2017

Billboard positions for new releases on the Top 100 Songs chart for this week

1. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
6. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
77. Khalid - Location
89. Sam Hunt - Drinkin' Too Much
100. Granger Smith - If The Boot Fits

Billboard positions for new releases and re-entries on the Top 200 Albums chart for this week

new

8. Dropkick Murphys - 11 Short Stories Of Pain & Glory
23. Halestorm - ReAniMate 3.0: The Covers ep
101. Various Artists - NOW That's What I Call A Workout 2017
138. David Bowie - No Plan (ep)

re-entry

39. Kanye West - The Life Of Pablo
67. Ed Sheeran - +
75. Green Day - Revolution Radio
91. Queen - Greatest Hits I II & III: The Platinum Collection
108. U2 - The Joshua Tree
154. Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits
173. Logic - Bobby Tarantino
178. Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon
183. Kid Cudi - Man On The Moon: The End Of Day
188. A$AP Mob - Cozy Tapes, Vol. 1: Friends
191. Maroon 5 - V
193. Tim McGraw - 35 Biggest Hits
196. Fitz And The Tantrums - Fitz And The Tantrums
198. Bon Jovi - Greatest Hits: The Ultimate Collection
199. Blink-182 - California
200. Anderson .Paak - Malibu

you get Dropkick Murphys this week, pretty sure youll like it mate...
already posted the Bowie as a "new single" release also, I don't get how a four track ep suddenly becomes an album????
UK songs/singles charts for week ending 20th January:

[Image: ed-sheeran-number-1-award-shape-of-you-1...&width=796]

The UK can't get enough of Ed Sheeran, who once again occupies both Number 1 and Number 2 on the Official Singles Chart.Shape of You sits at the top spot for a second week in a row, with 66,000 downloads sold and a streaming tally of 11 million plays. Castle on the Hill settles for Number 2 after with 7.8 million streams plus 49,000 downloads.
The start to Ed's ÷ album campaign is off to a very strong start - not only has Shape of You hit Number 1 in the UK, but it has also topped the charts in America and Australia. Ed also broke the UK's all-time weekly streaming record last week.
Rag'n'Bone Man's breakthrough single Human continues to perform well, holding at Number 3, ahead of Jax Jones and Raye's collaboration You Don't Know Me, which rises five places to Number 4. The track is Jax's second Top 5 single following his chart-topping release with Duke Dumont, I Got U.
[h=4]New entries and high climbers[/h]Starley continues her ascent up the Official Singles Chart, up one place to 7 this week with Call on Me, ahead of The Chainsmokers, who debut at Number 10 with Paris, the US duo's third Top 10 hit following Don't Let Me Down and Closer.
Both Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello's Bad Things and Sean Paul & Dua Lipa's No Lie rise by seven spots this week, up to 16 and 21 respectively, finishing ahead of Robin Schulz, David Guetta and Cheat Codes' Shed A Light, rising five places to 27.

Sage the Gemini makes his UK Top 40 debut today with Now & Later, propelling from last week's 43 to 32. The xx's On Hold also reaches a new peak of 34, rocketing 40 placings following the release of the band’s newly-crowned Number 1 album I See You.
Finally, former US Number 1 single Bad and Boujee by Migos makes its first appearance on UK shores, up 13 spots to Number 37.

UK songs chart that counts all sales figures plus those of streaming: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/ #1 Ed Sheeran

UK songs chart that only counts sales, ie: digital, cd and vinyls: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/sin...les-chart/ #1 Ed Sheeran

UK singles chart that counts the sales of cd singles and vinyls: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/phy...les-chart/ #1 Jamie T

UK singles chart that only counts the sales of vinyl singles: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vin...les-chart/ #1 Jamie T
UK albums chart for week ending 20th January:

[Image: the-xx-2017-alasdair-mclellan.jpg&width=796]

The xx claim their second Number 1 of the Official Albums Chart today with their new album I See You (Jan 20). The group’s third studio album goes straight in at Number 1 with 26,500 units sold across physical, digital and streaming equivalent sales. I See You knocks last week’s chart-topper, Little Mix’s Glory Days, down to Number 2.
The London trio’s latest collection - their first in just over four years – features the single On Hold, which re-enters the Top 40 today at Number 34 following its release last November. Check out The xx’s complete Official UK Chart history here.

[h=4]New entries and high climbers[/h]After La La Land opened in UK cinemas last week, the film’s accompanying soundtrack vaults a massive 96 places to Number 3 today, while Migration by Bonobo is new at Number 5 - a new best for the British-born producer.
Two more new albums land in this week’s Top 10, the first of which is Rick Wakeman, who with his latest album Piano Portraits (7) manages the incredibly rare feat of landing in the top flight with a "man and instrument" record composed entirely of piano music. Meanwhile, Wiley’s 11[SUP]th[/SUP] and reportedly final collection Godfather lands at Number 9, earning the British rapper and musician his highest charting album and first Top 10.
Elsewhere, Gregory Porter’s Take Me To The Alley zooms 50 places to Number 12 following his performance on the Graham Norton Show, Michael Buble’s Nobody But Me rebounds ten spots to 33, and Flaming Lips’ 15[SUP]th[/SUP] studio album Oczy Mlody debuts at 38.

UK albums chart that counts the figures from all sales plus those of streaming: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/ #1 The XX

UK albums chart that only counts the figures from sales(digital,cd,vinyl): http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/alb...les-chart/ #1 The XX

UK albums chart that counts physical sales figures only (cd and vinyl sales): http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/phy...ums-chart/ #1 The XX

UK albums chart that only counts the sales of vinyl albums: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vin...ums-chart/ #1 The XX
Australian music charts for week ending 21st January:

singles:

For the second straight week Ed Sheeran is #1 on the ARIA Singles Chart with ‘Shape Of You’. Like last week, Sheeran also takes out the #2 spot with ‘Castle On The Hill’.
After a week out of the top ten, Starley’s ‘Call On Me’ returns at #9.
Already Pnau’s highest-charting track, this week ‘Chameleon’ becomes their first entry in the ARIA top ten, landing at #10.
In its eleventh week in the top 50, Rag'N'Bone Man’s ‘Human’ jumps into the top 20 for the first time at #17.
There’s also new peaks for Mura Masa’s ‘Love$ick’ (#18), Robin Shulz & David Guetta’s ‘Shed A Light’ (#23), Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello’s ‘Bad Things’ (#28) and Adele’s ‘Water Under The Bridge’ (#45).
Debuts:
#6: The Chainsmokers ‘Paris’ – American producers The Chainsmokers score their sixth top ten on the ARIA Singles Chart with ‘Paris’. The duo last hit the top ten with ‘All We Know’ (#8 Oct. ’16).
#27: Alessia Cara ‘How Far I’ll Go’ – Alessia Cara picks up a fourth entry as lead artist in the ARIA top 50 with ‘How Far I’ll Go’. It’s the follow-up to Cara’s highest-charting track, ‘Scars To Your Beautiful’ (#8 Dec. ’16).
#34: Migos Feat. Lil Uzi Vert ‘Bad And Boujee’ – The ARIA Singles Chart debut for American hip hop trio Migos. ‘Bad And Boujee’ spent one week at #1 in the US before being knocked off by Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape Of You’.

the top50 singles are located here: http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/singles-chart

==============================================================================

albums:

A new #1 on this week’s ARIA Albums Chart, with British trio The xx hitting #1 for the first time with I See You (see below).
In its third week in the top 50, the La La Land soundtrack cracks the top ten for the first time at #7.
In the midst of the Australian tour in support of the album, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds’ former #1 Skeleton Tree returns to the top 50 for an eleventh week, sitting at #22.
Moves up the chart this week include George Michael’s Twenty Five (up 18 to #23), Sia’s This Is Acting (up eight to #25), Robbie Williams’ The Heavy Entertainment Show (up 21 to #28), The Wiggles’ Best Of (up 13 to #29) and Lady Gaga’s Joanne (up ten to #30).
Debuts:
#1: The xx ‘I See You’ – British indie dance act The xx score their first #1 on the ARIA Albums with third album I See You. It’s the trio’s first album since Coexist (#2 Sept. ’12) and includes the single ‘On Hold’ (#45 Dec. ’16). Between releases, group member Jamie Smith released the album In Colour (#2 Jun. ’15) as Jamie xx.
#3: The McClymonts ‘Endless’ – Album five from The McClymonts sees the Grafton sisters score their fourth top ten on the ARIA Albums Chart. The follow-up to Here's To You & I (#8 Jul. ’14), Endless becomes the trio’s second highest peak after Wrapped Up Good (#2 Jan. ’10).
#12: Bonobo ‘Migration’ – British musician/producer Bonobo makes his ARIA top 50 debut with Migration. Bonobo’s sixth album comes four years on from fifth album The North Borders.
#36: Run The Jewels ‘Run The Jewels 3’ – American hip hop duo Run The Jewels crack the ARIA top 50 for the first time with Run The Jewels 3. Consisting of Killer Mike and El-P, Run The Jewels releases Run The Jewels and Run The Jewels 2 in 2013 and 2014, respectively.

the top50 albums can be located here: http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/albums-chart

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Release albums for 2017: CRAZY-HORSE 73 5,442 12-10-2017, 16:38
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Musician Deaths - 2017 Music Head 76 5,710 04-10-2017, 15:54
Last Post: SteveO
  MUSIC NEWS: Steve Winwood to release his first "live" album CRAZY-HORSE 1 201 01-09-2017, 13:55
  MUSIC NEWS: new Waterboys album on the way... CRAZY-HORSE 0 109 30-06-2017, 13:54
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  New Album Listens for 2017 Music Head 55 5,412 06-06-2017, 18:55
Last Post: Music Head
  The ultimate music connection SteveO 109 27,924 03-06-2017, 05:51
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 15 2,316 13-05-2017, 11:35
Last Post: Jerome
  Music & Alcohol Tiggi 13 1,846 06-05-2017, 18:16
Last Post: Frands
  What was it that first led you to take notice of music ? gryphon 15 1,318 22-03-2017, 02:56
Last Post: oldies65
  Subversive Music - RATM, Immortal Tech, Akala, Slaves, Allflaws flinty 50 9,333 17-03-2017, 13:59
Last Post: flinty