Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly Music Charts for 2017
Australian singles chart for week ending 23rd September:    http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/singles-chart

A week on from picking up his first #1 on the ARIA Singles Chart, Sam Smith holds the top spot for a second week with ‘Too Good At Goodbyes’.

At #2, 'New Rules', Dua Lipa’s highest charting single to date picks up a new peak, jumping a further two spots.
After cracking the top ten for the first time last week, Logic’s ‘1-800-273-8255’ continues to move up the chart. In its seventh week in the top 50, it’s up a further three spots to #7.
American singer-songwriter Lauv hits the top ten for the first time with his debut ARIA Singles Chart entry ‘I Like Me Better’. The jump of three spots comes in the track’s eighth week in the top 50.
Lower down this week’s Singles Chart there’s new peaks for Khalid’s ‘Young Dumb & Broke’ (#14), Portugal. The Man’s ‘Feel It Still’ (#20), Avicii’s ‘Without You’ (#21), Marshmello x Khalid (#24), Maroon 5’s ‘What Lovers Do’ (#27) and Camila Cabello’s ‘Havana’ (#34).
Debuts:
#8: Post Malone Feat. 21 Savage ‘Rockstar’ – American rapper Post Malone scores his first entry in the top ten on the ARIA Singles Chart with ‘Rockstar’. The track is the first to be released from his forthcoming Beerbongs And Bentleys album and features Atlanta rapper 21 Savage. Post Malone’s previous chart peak was with ‘Congratulations’ (#30 Aug. ’17).
#23: Niall Horan ‘Too Much To Ask’ – With a month before debut album Flicker is release, Niall Horan picks up a third solo Singles Chart entry. ‘Too Much To Ask’ follows ‘This Town’ (#5 Oct. ’16) and ‘Slow Hands’ (#2 Jul. ’17) into the chart.
#40: Lorde Feat. Khalid, SZA & Post Malone ‘Homemade Dynamite (Remix)’ – The fourth track from Lorde’s second album Melodrama (#1 Jun. ’17) to chart in the top 50. The version that has charted is a remix of the track on the album and features appearances by Khalid, SZA and Post Malone. The other Melodrama tracks to chart to dateare ‘Green Light’ (#4 Mar. ’17), ‘Liability’ (#42 Mar. ’17) and ‘Perfect Places’ (#44 Jun. ’17).
#42: Skrillex & Poo Bear ‘Would You Ever’ – American producers Skrillex and Poo Bear team up for ‘Would You Ever’. The pair previously worked together on the Jack Ü track ‘Where Are U Now’ (#3 Apr. ’15). It’s the first time Poo Bear – aka Jason Boyd – has performed lead vocals on a single.

==============================================================

Australian albums chart for week ending 23rd September:     http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/albums-chart

Concrete And Gold, the ninth album from Foo Fighters, has given the American rock band their seventh #1 on the ARIA Albums Chart. The band’s Greatest Hits has also re-entered this week’s chart at #18.
After dropping to #10 last week (its lowest position on the chart to date), Gang Of Youths’ former #1 album Go Farther In Lightness jumps back up six spots to #4 in its fifth week in the top 50.
Neil Finn’s Out Of Silence has jumped back up 37 spots in its third week in the top 50 to rejoin the top ten at #9.
Currently on tour, London Grammar have re-entered the top 50 at #17 with Truth Is A Beautiful Thing.
Following news that they could be touring Australia as holograms in 2019, ABBA’s ABBA Gold & More (Anniversary Edition) has re-entered the chart at #27.
Debuts:
#1: Foo Fighters ‘Concrete And Gold’ – Returning with their ninth studio album, American rockers Foo Fighters score their seventh #1 on the ARIA Albums Chart. Concrete And Gold comes three years on from Sonic Highways (#1 Nov. ’14) and includes contributions from Paul McCartney, The Kills’ Alison Mosshart, Justin Timberlake, Boyz II Men’s Shawn Stockman and more. Foo Fighters have also topped the ARIA Albums Chart with One By One (#1 Oct. ’02), In Your Honor (#1 Jun. ’05), Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace (#1 Oct. ’07) and Greatest Hits (#1 Nov. ’09).
#2: Angus & Julia Stone ‘Snow’ – Sydney siblings Angus & Julia Stone return with Snow. The duo’s fourth album follows 2014’s self-titled release (#1 Aug. ’14) and was recorded in Angus Stone’s cottage studio in Byron Bay. Angus & Julia Stone have also charted in the top ten with A Book Like This (#1 Sept. ’07) and Down The Way (#1 Mar ’10).
#8: BTS ‘Love Yourself: ‘Her’’ – South Korean boy band BTS make their ARIA Albums Chart debut with EP Love Yourself: ‘Her’. The seven member group’s fifth EP includes a collaboration with The Chainsmokers’ Andrew Taggart. BTS have had seven #1s on the Albums Chart in their homeland.
#11: Prophets Of Rage ‘Prophets Of Rage’ – The self-titled debut album from rap rock supergroup Prophets Of Rage. The band consists of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave members Tom Morello, Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk, Public Enemy members Chuck D and DJ Lord, and B-Real of Cypress Hill. Prior to the album’s release, the band released their debut EP The Party’s Over in August 2016.
#14: Elvis Presley ‘The 50 Greatest Hits’ – Originally released in 2001, The 50 Greatest Hits has been re-released to coincide with the 40th anniversary of Elvis’ death. It’s The King’s second album to debut in the top 50 in 2017, following from The Wonder of You & If I Can Dream (#27 Jun. ’17).
#20: Madonna ‘Rebel Heart Tour’ – Madonna picks up her first top 50 entry with a live album with Rebel Heart Tour. Recorded during the Sydney dates of her tour in support of Rebel Heart (#1 Mar. ’15) in March 2016, the album features tracks from throughout Madonna’s career including ‘Like A Prayer’ (#1 May ’89), ‘Vogue’ (#1 May ’90) and ‘Music’ (#1 Aug. ’00).
#21: Tired Lion ‘Dumb Days’ – Perth’s Tired Lion score their first ARIA Charts appearance with debut album Dumb Days. The four-piece have previously released two EPs: 2013’s All We Didn’t Know and 2015’s Figurine.
#40: Galantis ‘The Aviary’ – Two years on from making their Albums Chart debut with Pharmacy (#38 Aug. ’15), Swedish EDM duo Galantis score a second entry with The Aviary. The album includes the single ‘No Money’ (#6 May ’16), as well as a collaboration with Australian DJ/producer Hook n Sling.
#48: Touch Sensitive ‘Visions’ – The debut album from Sydney producer Michael Di Francesco under his Touch Sensitive moniker. Michael Di Francesco was one of the founding members of Sydney band Van She who made Albums Chart appearances with V (#10 Aug. ’08) and Idea Of Happiness (#28 Jul. ’12).
#50: Caligula's Horse ‘In Contact’ – Brisbane’s Caligula's Horse hit the ARIA top 50 for the first time with fourth album In Contact. The prog rock band formed in 2011 and have also released the albums Moments From Ephemeral City (2011), The Tide, The Thief & River's End (2013) and Bloom (2015).
Billboard positions for new releases on the Top 100 Songs chart for this week

2. Post Malone ft. 21 savage - Rockstar
66. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask
67. Gucci Mane ft. The Weeknd - Curve
85. BTS - DNA
92. Lorde ft. Khalid, Post Malone & SZA - Homemade Dynamite

Billboard positions for new releases and re-entries on the Top 200 Albums chart for this week

new

1. Foo Fighters - Concrete And Gold
7. BTS - Love Yourself: Her
9. Big & Rich - Did It For The Party
15. Nothing More - The Stories We Tell Ourselves
16. Prophets Of Rage - Prophets Of Rage
29. Superfruit - Future Friends
100. Kevin Gates - By Any Means 2
102. Galantis - The Aviary
114. Yusuf - The Laughing Apple
126. Musiq Soulchild - Feel The Real
128. Ringo Starr - Give More Love
135. The Contortionist - Clairvoyant
143. Ricky Dillard & New G - 10
147. Doors - The Singles
154. Gary Numan - Savage: Songs From A Broken World
159. Witt Lowry - I Could Not Plan This
173. The Lone Bellow - Walk Into A Storm
184. Farruko - TrapXficante
193. Ariel Pink - Dedicated To Bobby Jameson

re-entry

71. Beyonce - Lemonade
112. Nirvana - Nevermind
158. Incubus - 8
164. Elton John - Greatest Hits 1970-2002
169. Shakira - El Dorado
179. Foo Fighters - Greatest Hits
185. Green Day - American Idiot
197. Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Jukebox
199. Frank Sinatra - Ultimate Sinatra

65. Post Malone - I Fall Apart
70. Macklemore ft. Kesha - Good Old Days
94. Chris Young - Losing Sleep
95. Brett Young - Like I Loved You
97. Eric Church - Round Here Buzz
98. A$AP Ferg - Plain Jane
100. Post Malone - Go Flex

Billboard positions for new releases and re-entries on the Top 200 Albums chart for this week

new

1. Killers - Wonderful Wonderful
2. Macklemore - Gemini
5. Jhene Aiko - Trip
11. Lecrae - All Things Work Together
19. Fergie - Double Dutchess
20. Midland - On The Rocks
21. G Herbo - Hunble Beast
23. Van Morrison - Roll With The Punches
26. Circa Survive - The Amulet
28. Home Free - Timeless
38. Sleeping With Sirens - Gossip
42. Mastodon - Cold Dark Place (ep)
53. Chris Janson - Everybody
65. Matthew West - All In
88. Josh Ritter - Gathering
95. Lights - Skin & Earth
100. Ledisi - Let Love Rule
102. Black Country Communion - BCC IV
106. Illenium - Awake
112. Counterparts - You're Not You Anymore
113. Why Don't We - Invitation (ep)
125. Rapsody - Laila's Wisdom
142. The Wonder Years - Burst & Decay (An Acoustic ep)
146. Chelsea Wolfe - Hiss Spun
161. Kygo - Stargazing (ep)
183. The Neighbourhood - Hard EP
189. Steve Martin And The Steep Canyon Rangers - The Long Awaited Album
195. Stephen Stills & Judy Collins - Everybody Knows

re-entry

45. Lady Gaga - Joanne
110. Fleetwood Mac - Very Best Of
160. Lady Gaga - The Fame
165. Soundtrack - Beauty And The Beast
187. Bebe Rexha - All Your Fault, Pt. 2
192. Ed Sheeran - +
198. Luke Bryan - Crash My Party
199. Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

68. Bhad Bhabie - Hi Bich
74. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie - No Promises
75. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie - Say A
84. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie ft. 21 Savage - Undefeated
86. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie ft. PnB Rock & YoungBoy Never Broke Again - Beast Mode
90. Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso ft. Florida Georgia Line & Watt - Let Me Go
98. Florida Georgia Line - Smooth

new

1. Shania Twain - Now
3. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me
4. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie - The Bigger Artist
5. Miley Cyrus - Younger Now
14. Tamar Braxton - Bluebird Of Happiness
24. Tank - Savage
26. Primus - The Desaturating Seven
31. Pearl Jam - Let's Play Two: Live At Wrigley Field (Soundtrack)
33. Michael Jackson - Scream
42. Smokepurpp - Deadstar
43. Rittz - Last Call
45. David Gilmour - Live At Pompeii
68. Propagandhi - Victory Lap
82. Partynextdoor - Seven Days (ep)
112. Wyclef Jean - Carnival III
128. Matt Redman - Glory Song
151. David Bowie - A New Career In A New Town (1977-1982)
156. Marvin Sapp - Close
166. Hoodie Allen - The Hype
190. Wolf Alice - Visions Of A Life

re-entry

2. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits
27. Tom Petty - Wildflowers
32. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Anthology: Through The Years
122. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes
127. Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever
132. Michael Jackson - Essential
173. Stone Temple Pilots - Core
178. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
189. Alan Jackson- Precious Memories Collection
196. Frank Sinatra - Ultimate Sinatra
199. Eminem - Recovery

no surprises with the Petty re-entries!

will be interested in your thoughts on Shania...

and after that you will have: A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie...LMAO
^^
agree on the Petty comment

but just as a topic for discussion

I don't really understand the why
I have never purchased a music product because someone died
If I like their music I would already own it
do people think the industry will stop producing the music when they die?

the music companies flood the market when someone dies, thus, previously hard to find albums are readily available...
so those who didn't want to pay top dollar and/or spend money on air freight can now find those albums readily at cd stores...
^^My two cents for what it’s worth! Yes, the record companies etc., will happily be driving sales - I’m sure they go swinging into production immediately the news breaks, but I don’t think that’s the whole story; I think there’s a tail that wags the dog symbiosis, so to speak and they’re doing it in response to consumer behaviour as well, which they would be sure to exploit to the fullest, of course. 

Because there is usually quite a big public mourning, I expect people feel like they might have missed out on something and are reminded very starkly of their own mortality and how short life really is, so run off to try and fix it by not missing out again, which as we know, they can’t. It's almost like a subconscious collective penance. Strange phenomenon – and just a thort!   Blush
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Release albums for 2017: CRAZY-HORSE 73 5,352 12-10-2017, 16:38
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Musician Deaths - 2017 Music Head 76 5,616 04-10-2017, 15:54
Last Post: SteveO
  MUSIC NEWS: Steve Winwood to release his first "live" album CRAZY-HORSE 1 184 01-09-2017, 13:55
  MUSIC NEWS: new Waterboys album on the way... CRAZY-HORSE 0 102 30-06-2017, 13:54
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  New Album Listens for 2017 Music Head 55 5,323 06-06-2017, 18:55
Last Post: Music Head
  The ultimate music connection SteveO 109 27,834 03-06-2017, 05:51
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 15 2,305 13-05-2017, 11:35
Last Post: Jerome
  Music & Alcohol Tiggi 13 1,835 06-05-2017, 18:16
Last Post: Frands
  What was it that first led you to take notice of music ? gryphon 15 1,314 22-03-2017, 02:56
Last Post: oldies65
  Subversive Music - RATM, Immortal Tech, Akala, Slaves, Allflaws flinty 50 9,286 17-03-2017, 13:59
Last Post: flinty