Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French Environmental Metal
I got a recommendation last that I wanted to pass on, it is for fan of metal.

Gojira is a French progressive metal band formed in 1996 in Bayonne, France. The band was known as Godzilla until 2001. The band is comprised of Joe Duplantier on vocals and guitar, his brother Mario Duplantier on drums, Christian Andreu on guitar and Jean-Michel Labadie on bass. Since its formation, Gojira has had no changes in lineup (particularly rare for an underground band), and has released four studio albums, one live album, one single, and one DVD. The band is known for their environment-related lyrics.

Gojira's sound is not easily classifiable[2] as they blend several styles.[18] Genres that have been associated with Gojira are death metal (technical death metal in particular),[19] thrash metal, progressive metal and groove metal. They are often compared to bands like Meshuggah, Mastodon, Sepultura, Neurosis and Morbid Angel.[20][21] Gojira have been influenced by heavy metal artists such as Death, Morbid Angel, Meshuggah, Metallica, Tool, and Neurosis.[21][22]
Gojira plays a technical and rhythmic style of heavy metal with precision drumming, unusual rhythm patterns, start-and-stop riffs, and breakdowns. Gojira has also been known to incorporate textured atmospheric elements and instrumental songs into their music.[4] Gojira songs have progressive and uncommon song structures and are devoid of standard verse, chorus, verse song writing.[4] The vocal style is somewhere between a hardcore punk shout and a death growl. Often at times, death metal growls and clean vocals are mixed to create an aggressive but melodic effect.[18][21]
The members of the band were raised in Bayonne, a city on the south west coast of France (French Basque Country). The surrounding scenic countryside and rugged coastline inspired Gojira's interest in nature and the earth. Gojira uses its lyrics to spread its spiritual beliefs and concerns for the environment
I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music

Stay away with your green peace metal please.
lol but musically they are amazing, everyone has to be passionate about something
I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Babymetal - Metal Galaxy Music Head 1 101 31-10-2019, 02:19
Last Post: Dissily Mordentroge
Video Taking Hard Rock/Metal seriously Dissily Mordentroge 5 176 26-10-2019, 02:59
Last Post: SteveO
  Who do you think is the most important and influential metal artist of all time? goth metal raver 22 4,999 04-12-2018, 22:08
Last Post: Music Head
  2018 Metal Albums Myths Is Digging & Looking Forward To MythsOfMetal 3 992 12-04-2018, 03:18
Last Post: MythsOfMetal
  Bizarre metal mash-up Morpethian 2 774 22-08-2017, 06:17
Last Post: Jerome
  Your First Metal Band ?? Tiggi 110 22,199 12-04-2017, 10:08
Last Post: Jerome
  Ukulele metal MattWhychuck 2 771 16-03-2017, 21:39
Last Post: MattWhychuck
  My new original metal song - all comments welcome! :) MattWhychuck 1 573 08-02-2017, 19:14
Last Post: Inna Selez
  Team Lazy - Heavy Metal TeamLazyTL 0 545 01-12-2016, 12:06
Last Post: TeamLazyTL
  Mascots of Metal dennis1077 1 887 20-06-2016, 08:44
Last Post: DaveyNL