Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Read - 2nd Relaunch
(31-07-2017, 02:44)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: i think ALL forums are the same....

people feel like outsiders when they join because they don't "fit in" as such...
but they need to persist and gradually become of a family, the problem I find is that people want to be "in" immediately...

we've had several good members here over the last couple of years....Jazzbo, bob_32 etc who posted a lot, but they spat it and left
over one or two posts they didn't like because they weren't to their way of thinking, a shame really because they were good members..

Pitiful reason to leave. There are always going to be posts we don't like.
Going to be people we don't like too but that happens on every forum.
We sure had our share of problems on DAC's forum but we fought it out and stayed.
Y'all would not believe the fights we had but still most finally became friends.
Me and Vanessa cussed each other out constantly but ended talking to each other
on the phone and became friends.
Her hubby Jon Finn was a good friend. He jumped on her for the way she talked to me in her posts.
She told me Jon never took up for anyone but he sure took up for you.
I miss all of them!! Even though me and DAC fussed too his fans and me were close.
We met at the HOB in MB. I miss his road manager, Bruce. He told me and hubby not to buy
any more tickets. He said come in the back with us and DAC. Me and hubby liked his band and Bruce alot!!
I liked Tyler (DAC's son). He is smarter than DAC. We had a large group of active members on DAC's site.
Anyway, it can be done. The community here really needs more active members!!
We had a large group on David Phelps site too. Wish he still had a forum!!
I talked to David's wife through posts. Then met her in MB. Nice woman!!
I don't know how to get it done but other sites I have been on have a large community.

I would like to take this time to invite our lost members back.
Don't be so sensitive. We won't always agree but sometimes
it helps to fight it out and reach a compromise. I know from experience.

Inviting all you members to join in too. We are not that bad.
Just be patient and let us get to know you. Forums are a great release
for stress but it won't happen unless you join in Wink
  Tongue ......
[Image: avatar_2186.jpg]I try to be good but I get bored   

I take at least partial responsibility (credit) for the departure of jazzbo and bob
both over political related posts

when I posted something positive about Bush, jazzbo had had enough

when I said we shouldn't have separate bathrooms for transgender folks
bob referred to me as a redneck something and asked for his membership to be deleted

humans are strange creatures

(31-07-2017, 11:15)Music Head Wrote: I take at least partial responsibility (credit) for the departure of jazzbo and bob
both over political related posts

when I posted something positive about Bush, jazzbo had had enough

when I said we shouldn't have separate bathrooms for transgender folks
bob referred to me as a redneck something and asked for his membership to be deleted

humans are strange creatures

You are not the only one MH. I did my share of arguing with both too especially jazz who came after me on every post.
But, can't say I feel that bad about it.
What is it they say about the fire Wink

I thought women are the ones who are the weaker sex. My goodness be a man.
Sorry to say but both acted like babies.
Guess they sure won't be back now but there are more fishes in the sea.

Been on enough forums, you have to have a backbone.

You were right to voice your opinion MH. Don't blame yourself.
Your opinion is just as valuable as theirs. They were both rude!!
Just cause they don't agree, no need to throw a hissy fit.

Didn't mean to go on but we are much better off with ED!!
He is what forums are made of Smile

Btw, I missed the post about transgender folks for some reason.
Wish I had seen it! I got my opinion but that is in the past.

I don't understand why folks think their opinion is the only right one.
Sounds closed minded to me. Delete cause I don't like your post? Man, what a baby!!
Best for him not to enter anymore forums. It is not a Discussion if everyone has the same opinion.
Basically boring. Sounds like robots  Rolleyes

Everyone knows I voice my opinion whether they like it or not.
If they don't like it, tough you know what.

Now, I'm going to look for that post MH Big Grin
  Tongue ......

I found it. Looks like I voiced my opinion Big Grin
  Tongue ......

Bob seemed pretty disgusted with the attitude he saw during the transgender discussion, so he didn't want to be here anymore. I also agreed with his side during that discussion. I'm sad that he left, though he probably made the right decision for himself.

I can see how someone's perception of another person could change after hearing what their views/beliefs are, especially in real life. Yes, people will have different opinions on issues and that's apart of life. On the other hand, I don't think opinions are sacred cows, they can be challenged and I don't have to believe they all are right.
(31-07-2017, 20:37)Oceansoul Wrote: Bob seemed pretty disgusted with the attitude he saw during the transgender discussion, so he didn't want to be here anymore. I also agreed with his side during that discussion. I'm sad that he left, though he probably made the right decision for himself.

I can see how someone's perception of another person could change after hearing what their views/beliefs are, especially in real life. Yes, people will have different opinions on issues and that's apart of life. On the other hand, I don't think opinions are sacred cows, they can be challenged and I don't have to believe they all are right.

Glad you are still here Oceansoul!!
Even though we don't agree on everything, I like you and enjoy your opinions. You make me think.
Anyone who enters forums but can't take discussions, needs to stay off of them.
All forums are made up of different views. Attacking folks because they have different beliefs is just not right.
I learned that the hard way through other forums.
  Tongue ......

(01-08-2017, 00:51)Lovely Linda Wrote:
(31-07-2017, 20:37)Oceansoul Wrote: Bob seemed pretty disgusted with the attitude he saw during the transgender discussion, so he didn't want to be here anymore. I also agreed with his side during that discussion. I'm sad that he left, though he probably made the right decision for himself.

Glad you are still here Oceansoul!!
Even though we don't agree on everything, I like you and enjoy your opinions. You make me think.
Anyone who enters forums but can't take discussions, needs to stay off of them.
All forums are made up of different views. Attacking folks because they have different beliefs is just not right.
I learned that the hard way through other forums.

I'm still here! My life has been busy and my internet connection has been terrible lately. I wish I could get another internet service provider. -sigh-

Disagreement doesn't always mean dislike to me. And I like making people think, myself included so I'm glad if someone can get something of value out of what I say. It helps to have a thick skin when it comes to the internet. I don't think someone should be attacked for having a different view or belief than me, I will debate someone on it if I disagree with it and I expect that to happen when I put my opinions out there too. I usually like talking to people with different perspectives online and in real life.
I can not find Music Discussion on Google anymore. Is it gone from that browser??
It's late and I'm about weary but I just can't seem to find us there.

My videos do not work well on IE. I place them on IE but playback on Google.

I found us on Firefox.
  Tongue ......

probably dropped us for being infected again
tick-tock, tick-tock

Why are some of my posts not appearing when I log on? They will appear when I'm offline, but not when I'm online. It's really annoying and it's keeping me from posting since I don't know which posts will do that.

I just posted a comment and my name appears outside the thread, but the comment is not in the thread except when I'm offline. Weird.

ETA: I haven't found MD in search results either. I have Google Chrome.