Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My plans begin to take shape
I rank among the worst instrumental musicians in the world, but many people think I can sing.  Maybe now is the time to make plans for actually performing live.

I hope to meet an instrumental musician I can work with – preferably a keyboard player – and then start playing live in some local venues – probably pubs to start off with.

Below is an example of what can be achieved with just a keyboard and a vocalist:

I visited a music shop today, and it seems that I could buy the necessary equipment – microphone, mixer, and speaker – for just a few hundred.

So what is my next step?  Comments are welcome.
You need to get a DAW to record your material. If you are looking for a keyboard player try the AirGigs site. Why don't you post something so we can hear it and comment on it.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
(20-08-2017, 05:53)Jerome Wrote: You need to get a DAW to record your material. If you are looking for a keyboard player try the AirGigs site. Why don't you post something so we can hear it and comment on it.

I presume a DAW is what I would call an interface.

Thanks for the tip about AirGigs.  Of course that is a site for hiring a musician, and not for finding a musician who wants to be an equal team member, which is what I had in mind.  BandMix can be used to finding a musical partner in crime, but they charge about ten pounds a month for membership.

As for posting something ...
No, a DAW is a software-based studio. You will need an audio interface, a hardware device, to connect between your mic/instrument and the application. Yes, Airgigs is a hiring service but if you find someone in your area who does what you need you might persuade them to get involved. Just a thought.
I have just posted my first ever video on YouTube, and visitors to this site are the first to know about it.

It's basically a mash-up of two metal songs to show off my vocal abilities, and I've added a poll:

http://www.music-discussion.com/showthre...?tid=21424
There's no sound on your video?????
(21-08-2017, 07:49)Jerome Wrote: There's no sound on your video?????

you must have just blocked it out

It works for me.
(20-08-2017, 20:36)Morpethian Wrote: I have just posted my first ever video on YouTube, and visitors to this site are the first to know about it.

It's basically a mash-up of two metal songs to show off my vocal abilities, and I've added a poll:

you jest, surely????
(22-08-2017, 03:47)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:
(20-08-2017, 20:36)Morpethian Wrote: I have just posted my first ever video on YouTube, and visitors to this site are the first to know about it.

you jest, surely????

Still can't hear a thing. Either through the link or directly on YT. No sound at all???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My plans continue to take shape Morpethian 0 166 06-09-2017, 21:32
Last Post: Morpethian