Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SITE NEWS
Hi Everyone

Sincere apologies for the absence of MD over the past few days.

The site has been transferred to a different web host and we had been assured that there would be no downtime during the process, however, due to the domain transferring sooner than anticipated, (and some other unforeseen hurdles along the way) we went offline. So sorry – we would have given you a heads-up had we known this would happen, but we were taken by surprise!

We are saying goodbye to our Admin/Techman – thanks very much Ant, for the forum, for your support over many years, and for such good grace during the transfer - we wish you well!

I’m your new Admin and I want to reassure you that we will continue without any further big or drastic changes. I hope to get a handle on the various issues that have been raised via your posts and which I too have experienced; this may be a bit of a challenge as the software is new to me, but I trust your patience will be rewarded with improvements in the long term.

I’m afraid our avatars were lost during the transfer – apologies about that too. Please re-upload them.

Music Head and CRAZY-HORSE will continue as our Moderators – thankfully! Phew!!

And much gratitude to all of you for keeping MD going.

Long may we run … Cool

Regards,

Ruby
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Welcome back! Smile . Phew, I almost got a heart attack and a blood clot at same time, when I saw the forum was down Cry . Next time u are fidling with the forum, then please send a Sublingualspray over Big Grin
Thanks Frands. Sorry again about the lack of notice.
Shouldn't be any fiddling for a while ... other than the musical variety!  Smile
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

You can't keep a good girl down. Congrats Ruby, I am sure you will do a fine job in your new role. Must admit it took me by surprise, you being the new admin and all, but you are the right person for the job. As you say, long may we run.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Thanks Ruby! Congrats for being our new Admin!
I knew we would be back but was caught by surprise how
quick we went down for awhile as was everyone else.

I'll try to find my avatar as I have had it on another site and this one.
Me and Kitty have played music for a long time  Wink

Again, welcome back everyone!
  Tongue ......
[Image: avatar_2186.jpg]I try to be good but I get bored   

(19-09-2017, 17:09)Jerome Wrote: You can't keep a good girl down. Congrats Ruby, I am sure you will do a fine job in your new role. Must admit it took me by surprise, you being the new admin and all, but you are the right person for the job. As you say, long may we run.

Lol! Nobody is more surprised than me! I did not expect to find myself in this position - it all happened quite fast – just really didn’t want to see the site sink.

There is some accelerated learning going on here, but I don't mind a challenge, and I’m very happy with the hosts who are local (for me) and uber efficient. Plus - I can actually talk to a real live person, if necessary, which makes a huge difference!

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

(19-09-2017, 17:10)Lovely Linda Wrote: Thanks Ruby! Congrats for being our new Admin!
I knew we would be back but was caught by surprise how
quick we went down for awhile as was everyone else.

I'll try to find my avatar as I have had it on another site and this one.
Me and Kitty have played music for a long time  Wink

Again, welcome back everyone!

Thanks very much Linda. I hope things will work out ok - I have a lot to learn! Will try to find the solution to those weird situations where you can’t see your post when you’re logged in. It happened to me too, so I’m really curious. Please bear with me – I’ll get there eventually!

If you can’t find your avatar, maybe it’s time for a nice new one. Sure you can find something spectacular Angel Tongue .

Meanwhile, keep on posting your Southern charmers.  Wink

Could not find my Kitty at Jurko but did find this avatar that suits me.

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problems I am having when I login Ruby.
It's weird.
I'll try to find some more Songs of the South. If anyone else does, feel free to share them Smile
  Tongue ......
[Image: avatar_2186.jpg]I try to be good but I get bored   

Congratulations Ruby ! You are a worthy selection ! I enjoy your posts !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Hail! Hail! the gangs all here
welcome back everyone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Site Upgrade Completed techman 19 9,531 20-05-2015, 23:42
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Temporary Skin/Site Design techman 7 3,137 18-10-2013, 05:23
Last Post: johnsandy